Eastfield Lane, Goring Heath, Reading
- Charming, unlisted period cottage
- Full of character
- Idyllic woodland location
- Potential to extend (subject to the usual consents)
- Delightful garden
Tenure: Please confirm if this is a freehold or leasehold property with Strutt & Parker
Local Authority: South Oxfordshire District Council, +44 (0)
Services: Mains water and electricity, private drainage. LPG-fired central heating.
Council Tax: Band F
Fronting onto a quiet country lane evolving into a bridleway and overlooking woodland owned by the Hardwick Estate, the property is located on the fringes of Goring Heath, a quiet hilltop village lying in an unspoilt rural setting a few miles east of Goring on Thames in the Chilterns Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. In addition to historic alms houses and chapel, the village offers a village hall and bowls club. The nearest village of Woodcote offers a good selection of day-to-day amenities including a supermarket, independent shops, a health centre, bistro restaurant, a public house and a garden centre while nearby Goring on Thames and Pangbourne offer more comprehensive facilities including High Street and independent shopping, banking, a variety of restaurants, shops and historic public houses.
The property boasts excellent communication links to all major regional towns and the nearby M4 provides speedy access to the motorway network, London and its airports as well as access to the A34 for Oxford or the South, while mainline trains from Goring & Streatley station reach London Paddington in around 45 minutes.
The area offers a good range of state schooling including Woodcote Primary School and Langtree School together with a good selection of independent schools including The Oratory, Pangbourne College, Moulsford Prep, Cranford House, St. Andrew’s and Abingdon Boys.
Enjoying a south-westerly aspect, the enclosed garden to the side and rear of the cottage is laid mainly to level lawn bordered by well-stocked flowerbeds and features a central rockery, lily pond and a paved terrace, ideal for entertaining and al fresco dining, the whole screened by mature woodland.
Vehicles can be parked on a gravelled area to the side of the road by the house, and there is a right of access to the double garage further down the lane to the left of the neighbouring garage.
Eastfield Lane, Goring Heath, Reading
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Goring & Streatley Station2.6 miles
- Pangbourne Station2.7 miles
- Tilehurst Station4.0 miles
About the agent
Stamp Duty calculator
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference PNG180043. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Strutt & Parker, Pangbourne. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the average speed from the provider with the fastest broadband package available on comparethemarket.com at this postcode. The average speed displayed is based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm). Fibre/cable services at the postcode are subject to availability and may differ between properties within a postcode. Speeds can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed at the property may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed and confirm availability to a property prior to purchasing on the broadband provider's website. Providers may increase charges. The information is provided and maintained by Stickee Technology Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.