- Cranbrook School Catchment Area
- Bewl Water within a mile
- Detached Studio/Office
- Tonbridge Station 13.9 miles (25 mins)
- Planning permission to extend
- Mature gardens and grounds
An impressive individual country house in a delightful rural position set down a private drive, centrally located in 7 acres of grounds, with “upside down” accommodation to maximise the sensational views over the surrounding countryside. The house is in the popular Cranbrook School catchment area.
The property is situated in an elevated position in an attractive rural location within a short distance of the A21. It has been a happy home for the current owners for the past 25 years and the flexible accommodation is arranged with the reception rooms on the first floor to maximise the enjoyment of the sensational views over The Weald. There is current planning permission for a two storey extension should somebody require further space and the studio/office is useful for those considering working from home with fibre broadband to the property. Main features include:
• Double solid hardwood doors opening to a spacious reception hall. Stairs rising to the landing.
• Drawing room is an impressive triple aspect room with an attractive open fireplace with marble inset and carved wooden surround. Double doors open to a superb balcony with extensive views to the west across The Weald. Steps lead down to the garden. Double doors open to the dining room.
• Dining room is dual aspect with windows to the south and double doors opening to the west facing balcony.
• Kitchen/breakfast room with a range of oak units, composite stone working surfaces, integrated AEG induction hob, double oven and microwave, fridge, freezer, dishwasher and double doors opening to the south facing balcony.
• Cloakroom on the half landing with a circular window.
• Garden room on the ground floor is double glazed with a vaulted ceiling, tiled flooring, ceiling fan and double doors opening to the terrace.
• Main bedroom with adjoining dressing room and en suite bathroom with free-standing bath and walk-in shower.
• 3 further bedrooms one of which is utilised as a study.
• Utility room, family bathroom and shower room also on the ground floor.
Two sides of the property are enclosed by an attractive walled courtyard with mature planting of shrubs and wrought iron gates. The property is approached by a long driveway of approximately 130 m and has excellent parking and a detached double garage with two up and over doors. To one side is a useful large outbuilding, a detached studio/office insulated with water and electricity connected and greenhouse. The gardens and grounds are a real feature of the property. To the north side of the property, which is protected by its own woodland with pathways and bluebells, a large pond with a picturesque footbridge, waterfall, and lighting. To the west side of the house beneath the extensive balconies there is a veranda, terrace and sweeping lawns. To the south of the property there is a croquet lawn, hedging and screening trees and beyond the immediate garden to the west is a good size paddock with a further area of woodland.
Energy Performance CertificatesEPC Rating Graph
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Etchingham Station3.7 miles
- Stonegate Station4.4 miles
About the agent
At Batcheller Monkhouse, we specialise in marketing properties in the South East on a local, regional and national scale. Our experienced Partner-led teams ensure a wealth of local knowledge is available to champion your property, promote its location and communicate its unique appeal.
Our expertise in Estate Agency and Lettings enables us to deliver a quality of service that is highly tailored to our clients’ specific needs. And while we remain focused on the bigger picture, we also pa
Stamp Duty calculator
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference TUN200162. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Batcheller Monkhouse, Tunbridge Wells. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the average speed from the provider with the fastest broadband package available on comparethemarket.com at this postcode. The average speed displayed is based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm). Fibre/cable services at the postcode are subject to availability and may differ between properties within a postcode. Speeds can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed at the property may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed and confirm availability to a property prior to purchasing on the broadband provider's website. Providers may increase charges. The information is provided and maintained by Stickee Technology Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.