Tredodridge, Vale of Glamorgan, CF71 7UL
- Newly Renovated to a high specification
- Neptune Kitchen
- Set in the rural Vale but yet a short drive to the M4 Motorway and Cardiff City Centre.
- Home Cinema Space
- Master bedroom suite and four further double bedrooms, all of which are en suite
- Detached Double Garage
SITUATION The hamlet of Tredodridge is situated close to Pendoylan Village and is a charming hamlet lying approximately 6 miles east of the historic market town of Cowbridge. This unique enjoys a fine rural setting yet is close to near neighbours and within easy reach of Pendoylan with its church, the popular Red Lion Gastropub and excellent primary school. Cowbridge is renowned for its excellent shops, restaurants and secondary school, whilst Cardiff (9.5 miles) has all the facilities of an important capital City including Culverhouse Cross Retail Park (4.8 miles).
The M4 (J34, Miskin) provides fast access east to the Severn Bridge and the national motorway network, and west to Swansea; Cardiff to London Paddington is about 2 hours on First Great Western; and Cardiff International Airport is approx. 10 miles away.
ABOUT THE PROPERTY * Within this quiet, rural hamlet close to the northern edges of The Vale yet within easy reach of Cowbridge, Cardiff and the M4 at Miskin
* A simply stunning family home comprehensively remodeled and updated in recent years
* Offering extensive, spacious accommodation throughout finished to an exceptional high standard.
* Most impressive entrance hallway with bespoke staircase leading to galleried landing over; parquet woodblock flooring to hall extends into the dining room
* A grand dining room with woodburner to far end; double doors link in to the kitchen
* Two further reception rooms, one used as a family sitting room and the other as a study
* Superb kitchen dining space fitted with bespoke 'Neptune' units and marble surfaces extending, in part, to create a breakfast bar;
* Five oven electric Aga to remain; so, too, additional appliances including twin dishwashers and a double fridge
* The kitchen opens to a dining area with bifold doors leading to the sheltered sun terrace
* A utility room offers much additional storage
* A multi-use home cinema room is located off the kitchen
* Galleried landing area, looking down into the hallway, with doors to all bedrooms.
* An inner gallery-balcony looks back into the kitchen diner; a Sauna room is located off this and this gallery, in turn, leads to the master bedroom suite
* All five bedrooms are large double rooms and all have en suite bath / shower rooms
* Also laundry room with store cupboard off
GARDENS AND GROUNDS * Tyn y Cae is set within a plot of approaching half an acre
* Wrought iron electric gates have an App operated video entry system
* Block paved driveway sweeping around a turning circle provides ample parking space
* Detached double garage (approx. max 6.1m x 5.2m; power connected and eaves storage).
* South facing flagstone paved garden accessed from the original front of the property enjoying an open aspect looking over fields
* To the rear of the property is a more sheltered, private garden space,
* including a stunning paved seating area accessed from and overlooked by the kitchen-breakfast room.
* Steps lead from here to a Mediterranean-inspired terrace affording a great private seating area.
* Further steps lead to a larger area of lawn running to the rear boundary wall.
* This lawn can also be reached directly from the first floor master bedroom suite
TENURE AND SERVICES Freehold. Mains electric and water connect to the property. LPG-fired central heating. Cess pit drainage.
DIRECTIONS From our Cowbridge Office, travel along the A48 in an easterly direction towards Cardiff. Pass both 'The Aubrey Arms' and 'The Old Post' public Houses and enter the village of Bonvilston. Take the first left turning - signposted 'Warren Mill' - and travel the full length of this lane, past Warren Mill Farm Park and on to the cross roads at the brow of the hill. Continue straight across at this cross roads, dropping down into the hamlet of Tredodridge. Tyn y Cae will be to your right, the driveway being located just after the property known as 'Hillcrest', a short distance from the 'centre' of Tredodridge.
Alternatively, if approaching from M4 junction 34, follow the road in a southerly direction signposted towards Pendoylan. Travel past the initial turning to The Vale Hotel and also past the turning to the equine/golf centre on your left. Continue for about a mile turning right at the 'Clawdd Coch' cross roads. Follow the road into the hamlet of Tredodridge to find Hillcrest and the driveway to Tyn y Cae to your left, shortly after the centre of the hamlet.
PROCEEDS OF CRIME ACT 2002 Watts & Morgan LLP are obliged to report any knowledge or reasonable suspicion of money laundering to NCA (National Crime Agency) and should such a report prove necessary may be precluded from conducting any further work without consent from NCA.
Brochures(2018) 6-Page Bro...
Tredodridge, Vale of Glamorgan, CF71 7UL
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Pontyclun Station2.9 miles
- Llanharan Station4.9 miles
- Taffs Well Station5.8 miles
About the agent
Established in 1857, Watts & Morgan is one of the Oldest Firms of Chartered Surveyors, Auctioneers, Valuers and Estate Agents in South Wales.
With a vast amount of local knowledge we can offer extensive services on virtually every aspect of property related matters within the Residential, Commercial and Agricultural Property Markets.
Whether you are looking to buy, sell, let or bid for your dream property our friendly, professional staff will be pleased to help.
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference 100565027127. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Watts & Morgan, Cowbridge. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speed available at this postcode based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speeds can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to a property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. The information is provided and maintained by Stickee Technology Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.