Umfreville Road, Harringay, London, N4
- Ground Floor Period Conversion
- 2 Double Bedrooms, 1 Bathroom
- Bright and Spacious Accommodation with Stylish Interiors
- Stunning Open Plan Reception/Kitchen/Diner Opening onto Garden
- Gorgeous Private Garden
- Close to Harringay, Harringay Green Lanes and Finsbury Park Stations
- Short Walk to Fashionable Amenities, and Beautiful Finsbury Park Itself
- 65 sq m / 700 sq ft
1. The layout has been key to the success of the flat. We love the free-flow living space out into the garden, great for entertaining friends and wonderfully child friendly. The bi-fold doors mean that the garden really is an extension of our living space for meals, drinks and playtime for the kids. Even if it's raining, it's lovely sitting by the open doors and enjoying the view!
2. The private and sunny north facing garden has been a huge surprise for us. There is no shortage of sunshine, but enough shade to ensure nothing gets burned, including young children! Another advantage is that the evergreen privet tree at the bottom of the garden provides privacy from the house behind, without blocking any sunlight from hitting the garden as would be the case if it faced south. The garden has proved to be indestructible, however rough the winter, the grass and plants quickly recover and it looks beautiful throughout spring and summer. There are also strawberries in the right hand flower bed (delicious), rhubarb in the veg box and well established lavender and rosemary bushes.
3. The location couldn't have been better for us. As Umfreville Road is the southernmost "rung" of the ladder, it is very close to the north end of Finsbury Park (which is the prettiest) and we're at the quieter end of the road, away from Green Lanes. Being at the top end also means we're very close to Harringey station, which is a fantastic line but also the parade of shops on Quernmore Road and of course, Crouch End where we walk regularly for the Nursery run. We are still very close to the coffee shops and restaurants on Green Lanes, as well as the Haringey Green Lanes overland station if you want to head over to Hampstead Heath or East London. Buses from Green Lanes seem to go everywhere! It's a 25 minute walk into Crouch End, or down to Clissold Park.
Three things we love about the area...
1. There is a fantastic community on the street, we know lots of people on the road and use a very active Whatsapp group.
2. Green Lanes offers excellent restaurants (Turkish, Sri Lanken, Japanese, Burgers etc) coffee shops (Music and Bean, Blend) wholefood shops (Mum's, Harringey Stores and bars (Bru Ha Ha, Jam and a Jar, the Salisbury etc.)
3. Finsbury Park, is great and has everything you'd want in terms of sports and play parks.
Why are you selling?
We are a growing family with two small children and both of us work from home, so are looking to stay in Haringey but move to a house with more bedrooms. We can honestly say that we have been extremely happy here and will be very sad to leave.
What's the area like?
There's such a lovely community feel, with familiar and friendly faces at But First Coffee just over the railway bridge, Music and Bean cafe on the high street and of course The Salisbury pub just up the road. For those with children, it is a perfect spot. At the bottom of the road is a very tranquil nature reserve, The Railway Fields, perfect for kids to run around and often running children's activities in the holidays. There are music groups for babies and children a short walk away, at the cafe in Finsbury Park, Music and Bean, and Snug Arts cafe on the high street. There's also a very lovely cafe and playground at Stationer's Park, on the way to Crouch End.
What is parking like?
Parking is very easy, our car is right outside most of the time, worst case one car along or directly opposite. We buy visitors permits from the council and keep them in the house. They are currently collecting dust...
How busy is the road, is it quiet at night?
The road is generally pretty quiet and is definitely quiet at night. We often sleep with the windows open so enjoy the fact that it's so calm.
I'm currently working from home, how does that work in this flat?
I also work from home and love it. I have set up a few work stations and like to move around them to break things up. Working in the bay in the front bedroom is lovely, bright and cool. I also enjoy working standing up with the door open in the second bedroom, sitting at the kitchen table or at the table on the patio.
What's the internet like?
We have Virgin Media's 350mb Fibre Optic connection, which is great.
What's the boiler like?
It's a Worcester combi boiler, which works very well. Water pressure is generally very good and hot water is always readily available.
Are we able to do a side return?
We can't see why it wouldn't be but it isn't something that we have ever looked into. Any grand plans we may have had soon got trumped by the arrival of our first child. I can say that having the side passage is super helpful though, as well as the door into the second bedroom. The best thing to do is look on the Haringey planning portal to see what other people have done in the area. Ref: ISL
Umfreville Road, Harringay, London, N4
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Harringay Station0.1 miles
- Harringay Green Lanes Station0.3 miles
- Manor House Station0.5 miles
About the agent
The first estate agent to manage your sale and purchase in one place. All for the price of a high street agent.
We build a bespoke team of four experienced agents to manage your sale, advise on your purchase and coordinate your chain.
Your journey begins with a no-obligation visit from your local Nested agent. They will learn what you're hoping to achieve from your sale, where you're planning to move to and will share a digital property report
Stamp Duty calculator
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference 9p6hxi8n_EAF_63124. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Nested, London. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.