Stone Cross Road, Mayfield
- Village Home
- Detached Studio Office
- Potential for improvement
- Within a short dstance of village
- Mature Gardens of 0.75 of an acre
**Price Guide £1,100,000 - £1,200,000**
An opportunity to acquire an individual 1920’s property set in 0.75 of an acre with a detached studio/office, within 0.4 of a mile of the village centre.
It is rare to find a property this close to the highly favoured village centre, yet set down a long drive with established gardens and grounds. The property provides good size accommodation and has potential for further improvement.
The main features of the property include:
• Entrance hall with stairs rising, cloakroom and French doors opening to the rear terrace.
• Sitting room with an open fireplace with marble inset, dual aspect with windows to the front and bay window to the side. Door through to study with oak block flooring and bay window to the side with fitted window seat.
• Dining room with corner cupboard and display alcove, butler’s pantry and window to the front.
• Kitchen/breakfast room with a range of oak cupboards with granite working surfaces, Aga, larder cupboard and windows to front, back and side.
• Utility room with double Belfast sink, range of cupboards, provision for appliances and window to the side.
• Double glazed conservatory with French doors to the garden.
• Main bedroom is dual aspect with a dressing room off and en suite shower room with enclosed shower cubicle.
• There are 3 further bedrooms and a family bathroom.
There is a detached studio/office with its own clock tower, with 3 sets of French doors opening onto a flagstone terrace. Detached double garage with 2 electric up and over doors and stairway to roof storage. There are sweeping lawns to the front and rear of the property and the conservatory opens onto a sheltered parterre rose garden. Trees and beech hedges to the front and side and mature shrubs provide excellent privacy and seclusion. Features include a flagstone terrace to the rear of the property, a flagpole and a productive apple tree. Extensive parking at the top of the drive with the studio office and culminating in a turning area and further parking in front of the double garage.
Energy Performance CertificatesEPC Rating Graph
Stone Cross Road, Mayfield
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Crowborough Station3.4 miles
- Wadhurst Station4.8 miles
- Stonegate Station4.9 miles
About the agent
At Batcheller Monkhouse, we specialise in marketing properties in the South East on a local, regional and national scale. Our experienced Partner-led teams ensure a wealth of local knowledge is available to champion your property, promote its location and communicate its unique appeal.
Our expertise in Estate Agency and Lettings enables us to deliver a quality of service that is highly tailored to our clients’ specific needs. And while we remain focused on the bigger picture, we also pa
Stamp Duty calculator
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference TUN200182. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Batcheller Monkhouse, Tunbridge Wells. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the average speed from the provider with the fastest broadband package available on comparethemarket.com at this postcode. The average speed displayed is based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm). Fibre/cable services at the postcode are subject to availability and may differ between properties within a postcode. Speeds can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed at the property may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed and confirm availability to a property prior to purchasing on the broadband provider's website. Providers may increase charges. The information is provided and maintained by Stickee Technology Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.