Station Road, Ackworth, Pontefract
- Four Bedroom Character Property
- Multiple Reception Rooms
- Rare to Market and Larger than Average
- Good Sized Breakfast Kitchen
- Large Family Lounge Featuring Wood Burner
- Master Bedroom With En-Suite and Dressing Area
- Large Four Piece Family Bathroom
- Panoramic Views Over Open Countryside
- Sunny Positioned Mature Rear Garden
- Desirable Village Location
If you’re looking for a house with an historical tale to tell, look no further than this delightful character property.
Originally built in 1829 and used as boarding rooms for the girls who attended Ackworth Quaker School, the building was divided into two semi-detached dwellings over a century ago. This helped to create a charming four-bedroom family home which has retained many of its original features.
With no less than three reception rooms, which include a lounge, dining room and snug, there’s scope to enjoy the space on the ground floor to suit the evolving demands of a large household.
Although the master bedroom décor still features period style picture rails and characterful door handles, there’s the addition of an en suite shower room and walk-in wardrobe tucked away behind oak panelled doors. Aside from the master, each one of the remaining three bedrooms upstairs boast enough space for more than a double bed.
Deceptively spacious and in keeping with its heritage throughout, you’ll also find it difficult not to notice the incredible field views surrounding this property.
The garden features a vegetable plot and mature trees, including an impressive Korean pine which conceals the shed, along with a manageable sized lawn. The current owners have enjoyed countless parties and BBQs here and have made the most of the spacious patio with unrivalled landscapes.
Although the property is just a stones throw away from a private boarding school, there are also a further three primary schools within walking distance.
Ackworth has all the conveniences of a small town including a public library, doctor’s surgery and chemist, supermarket and convenience stores, multiple pubs serving restaurant food and a tea room above the gift card shop.
The location has a wide appeal for those seeking rural countryside surroundings, but also for families that need to be placed closer to larger towns and cities.
**MOBILE BROWSING - PRESS THE QUICK EMAIL LINK TO REQUEST THE UNIQUE AND BESPOKE LUXURY BROCHURE**
**DESKTOP BROWSING – PRESS BELOW LINK TO OPEN FULL PROPERTY BROCHURE**
BrochuresProperty BrochureFull Details
Energy Performance CertificatesEnergy Perform...
Station Road, Ackworth, Pontefract
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Fitzwilliam Station2.2 miles
- Featherstone Station2.3 miles
- Pontefract Tanshelf Station3.1 miles
About the agent
We are qualified experts at selling high-value, unique and outstanding homes across Yorkshire and beyond. Both our Property Sales and Creative Teams have the experience, knowledge and skills to market your home to the most suitable buyers and provide you with the highest level of dedicated support at every stage of your home selling.
Through expert market and local knowledge, and an assessment of your property, you will be advised on your best priced sales strategy. We will talk you thr
Stamp Duty calculator
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference 10373779. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Enfields Luxe, Pontefract. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.