Desborough Road, Rothwell, Kettering
- Beautifully Presented Family Home
- Five Double Bedrooms
- Grade II Listed Detached Property
- Character Features Throughout
- Fantastic Stone Barn Conversion
- South Facing Rear Garden
- Garage & Ample Off Road Parking
- Quiet Town Centre Location
This grade II listed stone barn converted in 1996 enjoys a fantastic position, tucked away and only a stone's throw from Rothwell's town centre yet still retaining a real feel of privacy. Further highlights include original features, ample off road parking and a large private rear garden.
Ground Floor Accommodation - The property is entered through a larger than normal timber door into a spacious and impressive full height entrance hall with exposed king trusses, brick work, beamed ceilings and stairs rising to the first floor.
Off the entrance hall to the right is the utility room and downstairs WC and an internal door to the garage.
To the left of the entrance hall timber double doors lead through into the dual aspect open plan dining room and sun room area which has glazed French style timber doors that open out into the garden. A dining area with windows to the front elevation.
A large lounge area which has an Inglenook fireplace with exposed brick work, timber mantle and a multi fuel burner, is on a split level.
Off the sitting area, a door gives access to the very spacious kitchen with ample space for a breakfast table. Fitted there is a Rangemaster cooker and bespoke handmade units, built in larder cupboards and an island unit. There is space and plumbing for a dishwasher and fridge freezer. A cupboard also houses gas boilers. There are two windows that overlook the front of the property and also a stable door.
First Floor Accommodation - Stairs lead to the first floor to a light and airy galleried landing featuring dual aspect windows to the front and rear elevations, exposed king and queen truss beams and brick walls. The large landing gives access to bedrooms both to the left and the right of the stairs.
To the right gives access to the family bathroom comprising a white three-piece suite, obscure window to the front elevation and a built-in airing cupboard housing a hot water cylinder. Also, to the right there are two double bedrooms both with exposed trusses and vaulted ceilings.
To the left of the stairs gives access to three further double bedrooms including the Master. The landing has a window and a lower arch feature window to the front elevation.
The master bedroom has an exposed brick wall with a large arch feature window overlooking the garden. There are two further double bedrooms with windows overlooking the garden, exposed beams and vaulted ceilings, a second airing cupboard off, and a dressing room.
An impressive and well-proportioned bathroom completes the first floor accommodation which comprises a free standing bath, WC, Jack and Jill wash hand basins and a large walk-in shower with part glazed enclosure. There is also luxury under floor heating.
Outside - The property sits back from the road in a slightly elevated and private position. To the front of the property a gravelled courtyard providing off road parking for several vehicles and gives access to the large double garage. To the rear of the garage there is a door which leads to the south facing private garden which is enclosed and mainly laid to lawn with a paved patio and BBQ area ideal for entertaining and enjoying the sunny aspect.
ENTRANCE HALL 17'2 max x 18'8 max (5.23m x 5.68m)
A welcoming hallway reached via large timber front door. Stairs rising to first floor galleried landing.
DINING/SUN ROOM 18'5 max x 17'5 max (5.67m x 5.25m)
A large family space with French style double doors to the rear and fully tiled floor. Also, a large window to the front of the property.
LOUNGE AREA 18'5 max x 17'5 max (5.65m x 5.25m)
A large cosy room with multi fuel log burner stove. Hive style smart home technology is compatible with the lighting in the kitchen and the lounge and can also control the heating throughout the property.
KITCHEN 22'4 x 13'9 max (6.80m x 4.19m)
Fitted with bespoke units to base and wall with integrated fridge. Ample space for a breakfast table, a Rangemaster double cooker and fully tiled floor. Stable door providing access to the courtyard.
UTILITY ROOM 11'9 max x 6'2 max (3.58m x 1.87m)
Work surfaces with storage below and sink unit. Low level WC.
FIRST FLOOR LANDING
Gallery style with access to all bedrooms
BEDROOM 17'2 x 9' (5.23m x 2.74m)
Windows to side and rear aspect.
BEDROOM 11'10 max x 9'4 max (3.60m x 2.84m)
Window to front aspect.
Cupboard housing hot water cylinder.
MASTER BEDROOM 13'1 x 12'4 (3.98m x 3.75m)
Feature arch window overlooking rear garden. High level feature stained glass window to landing.
BEDROOM 12'8 x 10'8 (3.86m x 3.25m)
Window to rear aspect.
BEDROOM/STUDY 9'8 max x 12'7 max (2.94m x 3.83m)
Window to rear aspect.
Steps from landing down to:
DRESSING ROOM 12'4 max x 9'3 max (3.75m x 2.81m)
Frosted window to side aspect with window seat. Fitted wardrobes. Door to:
BATHROOM 14'9 max x 13'8 max (4.49m x 4.16m)
Frosted window to front aspect. Free standing luxury bath, large walk in shower and Jack and Jill basins.
An open plan frontage mainly laid to gravel offering ample off road parking. Paved patio areas and access to main front door kitchen and garage.
A large integral garage measuring 18'9 max x 17'5 (5.71m x 5.30m). Accessed via double vehicle doors and a pedestrian door to front aspect. Stable style door to the rear garden. Internal door giving access to hall. Power and lighting.
PRIVATE REAR GARDEN
Enclosed by fencing established trees and shrubs giving screening. The majority of the rear garden is laid to lawn. There is a paved patio area, perfect for outside entertaining. Chicken pen, small greenhouse and space for timber tool shed.
1. MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. The measurements indicated are supplied for guidance only and as such must be considered incorrect.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
5. THESE PARTICULARS ARE ISSUED IN GOOD FAITH BUT DO NOT CONSTITUTE REPRESENTATIONS OF FACT OR FORM PART OF ANY OFFER OR CONTRACT. THE MATTERS REFERRED TO IN THESE PARTICULARS SHOULD BE INDEPENDENTLY VERIFIED BY PROSPECTIVE BUYERS OR TENANTS. NEITHER SHARMAN QUINNEY NOR ANY OF ITS EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS HAS ANY AUTHORITY TO MAKE OR GIVE ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY WHATEVER IN RELATION TO THIS PROPERTY.
Desborough Road, Rothwell, Kettering
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Kettering Station3.8 miles
- Market Harborough Station5.8 miles
- Corby Station6.7 miles
About the agent
Whether you are looking to BUY, SELL or LET your property, Pattison Lane pride themselves on providing experienced advice on all aspects of buying and selling properties in Kettering and the surrounding areas.
We are always receiving a high level of demand for properties in Kettering Barton Seagrave, Ise Lodge, Brambleside, Leisure Village, Burton Latimer, Rothwell and Desborough.
Would you like to know the value of your home? Would you like to put your home up for sale? Please c
Stamp Duty calculator
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference KPL203487. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Pattison Lane, Kettering. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the average speed from the provider with the fastest broadband package available on comparethemarket.com at this postcode. The average speed displayed is based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm). Fibre/cable services at the postcode are subject to availability and may differ between properties within a postcode. Speeds can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed at the property may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed and confirm availability to a property prior to purchasing on the broadband provider's website. Providers may increase charges. The information is provided and maintained by Stickee Technology Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.