Chelford Road, Knutsford
- Within walking distance of the Town and on the on edge of the Legh Road Conservation Area.
- Lovely 17th Century Detached Cottage
- Sympathetically Renovated Accommodation Approaching approx. 2700 sq ft
- Beautiful Large Private Landscaped Gardens
- Remotely Operated Gated Driveway and Detached Double Garage
- Superb covered and part enclosed outdoor kitchen and bar
Within walking distance of the town and on the edge of the Legh Road conservation area, Grange Cottage was originally once known as Old Dame School and constructed in the early 1600's, once having a thatched roof. Over the centuries the property has evolved and grown sympathetically to provide characterful well balanced family accommodation which now extends to about 2700 sq ft. This includes the garage and outside kitchen area. The gated driveway extends into a large terrace patio which also serves a detached double garage and superb outdoor kitchen and bar. The generous private gardens are in complete privacy and particularly well stocked, totally enclosed and with large sweeping lawns flanked by abundance of flowers, plants, foliage and many mature trees.
Tastefully renovated accommodation merges with yester year with many of the rooms having a wealth of exposed heavily beamed ceilings, wall timbers and evidence of the original classic twin crook frame construction with wattle and daub walls. There is even an original smoke hood, one of the last remaining in Cheshire encased in glass and exposed in bedroom three. The kitchen has been extensively fitted with a fashionable range of cream cabinets with granite work surfaces and numerous integrated appliances and there is a separate utility room. Overall there are three separate reception rooms from the dining hall where there is also a cloakroom with WC. At first floor level four generous bedrooms and two bathrooms (one en suite).
In summary a lovely cottage residence in an idyllic private location and a slice of Knutsford's history!
Energy Performance CertificatesEPC
Chelford Road, Knutsford
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Knutsford Station0.7 miles
- Mobberley Station2.6 miles
- Plumley Station2.9 miles
About the agent
When it comes to selling or letting your home, you want to know that you are working with the right team, people who have intimate knowledge of the local area and a strong track record of achieving sales and lettings, combined with a professional service that meets all of your requirements.
It’s why our clients come back to us time and again and why we are one of the area’s leading estate agents.
The Knutsford office is run by Andrew Rogers, a co-owner with over twenty five years’
Stamp Duty calculator
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference 772795. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Gascoigne Halman, Knutsford. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.