Thornhill Road, Rhiwbina, Cardiff
- A TRADITIONAL BAY FRONTED THREE BEDROOM 1920'S BAY FRONTED SEMI-DETACHED FAMILY HOME
- A VERY LARGE REAR GARDEN PROVIDING PLENTY OF POTENTIAL FOR EXTENSION SUBJECT TO PLANNING PERMISSIONS
- RETAINS MANY ORIGINAL FEATURES TO INCLUDE PANELLED DOORS, HIGH CEILINGS AND FLOORING
- PLENTY OF OFF ROAD PARKING AND A DRIVEWAY LEADING TO A DETACHED GARAGE
A character bay fronted 1920's three bedroom semi-detached family home retaining some original features with a very large rear garden that provides an ideal opportunity for extension, there is a large frontage providing parking with the addition of a useable driveway leading to a detached garage.
A character bay fronted semi-detached three bedroom family residence, occupying an elevated position set back with a wide and extensive five/six car forecourt and entrance drive, this family home fronts wide and well respected Thornhill Road, perfectly located with walking distance to Heol Llanishen Fach, Rhiwbina Garden Village, Thornhill Cross Roads and Llanishen Village. Built circa 1920, Plas y Felin retains many period features to include high ceilings, internal panelled doors, coved ceilings, woodblock and tiled flooring, many improvements include white PVC replacement double glazed windows, gas heating with panel radiators and a gas back boiler serviced under a British Gas Contract.
The accommodation comprises a covered entrance porch with a PVC double glazed door to a light and airy entrance hall with an original black and white tiled floor and a carpeted staircase leading to the first floor. There is an understair recess area and storage. Two principal reception rooms with woodblock flooring and the addition of a third reception/breakfast room also with an original black and white tiled floor which gives access to a modern white fitted kitchen with integrated appliances.There is a large downstairs cloakroom with a WC. To the first floor is a spacious landing area leading to two large double bedrooms, one of which is bay fronted, the second overlooks a large and private rear garden, there is a large single bedroom to the property of the property currently in use as a study and a shower room to the rear.
Regular bus services run along Thornhill Road, connecting with Cardiff City Centre and Cardiff Bay. Within a short driving distance is an exit onto Manor way, providing fast travel to Cardiff City Centre, the A 470 and the M4. Within walking distance are two superstores including Morrisons, Lidl and Aldi. Also close by is a local shopping centre off Ty Glas Road including Marks & Spencer, Homesense, Boots, Pets At Home, Starbucks and a local Greggs. Close by at Thornhill are large ares of open countryside and woodland proving wonderful walks and rides, whilst Cefn Onn Park is located only a short distance away off Cherry Orchard Road. Close by in Thornhill is a local Sainsbury's super store.. The area is also well served with many local Pubs and Restaurants including close by The Butchers Arms, the Deri Public House and Restaurant along Heol-y-Deri, Miller & Carter along Thornhill Road, the Pendragon along Excaliber Drive, the Old Cottage in Lisvane, the Ffynnon Wen, the New House Hotel, the Manor Parc, and the Travellers Rest to name just a few! There are also local Doctors surgeries and Dentists within walking distance.
Upvc double glazed windows and door, carpeted staircase to the first floor with a large louvre door understair storage cupboard, upvc double glazed window to the side, picture rail, radiator, fitted carpet and an original black and white tiled floor, coved and textured ceiling.
Reception One 15' 8" into bay window x 14' 3" maximum ( 4.78m into bay window x 4.34m maximum )
Upvc double glazed bay window to the front, feature fireplace with slate effect hearth, television point, picture rail, radiator, fitted carpet, woodblock flooring, coved and skimmed ceiling.
Reception Two 12' 8" maximum x 12' 9" ( 3.86m maximum x 3.89m )
Upvc double glazed window overlooking an extremely large rear garden, feature fireplace housing a coal ffect gas fire with a back boiler (which has British Gas annual service contract) and a marble effect hearth, radiator, fitted carpet, woodblock flooring, coved and textured ceiling.
Reception Three 9' 3" maximum x 7' 11" ( 2.82m maximum x 2.41m )
Upvc double glazed window to the side, radiator, laminate flooring, original black and white tiled floor, coved and skimmed ceiling.
Kitchen 9' 5" x 8' ( 2.87m x 2.44m )
Two Upvc double glazed windows to the side, Upvc double glazed door to the rear garden, fitted with a modern range of white wall and base units with complimentary worktops incorporating a stainless steel sink unit with drainer, integrated washing machine and dishwasher, space for an upright fridge/freezer, integrated stainless steel Indesit electric oven and Baumatic electric hob, radiator, laminate flooring, skimmed ceiling.
Cloakroom 7' 11" x 3' 6" ( 2.41m x 1.07m )
Upvc double glazed window to the rear and side, a modern white two piece suite comprising a vanity unit with an inset wash hand basin and storage cupboards, low level w.c, wall light, extractor fan, radiaotr, fitted carpet, skimmed ceiling.
Landing 9' 5" maximum x 7' 4" maximum ( 2.87m maximum x 2.24m maximum )
Upvc double glazed window to the side, loft access which is part boarded with a light, shelved airing cupboard, fitted carpet.
Bedroom One 15' 8" into bay x 12' 9" maximum ( 4.78m into bay x 3.89m maximum )
A upvc double glazed bay window to the front, fitted mirrored sliding wardrobes to one wall, picture rail, radiator, fitted carpet, coved and textured ceiling.
Bedroom Two 12' 8" x 12' 11" maximum ( 3.86m x 3.94m maximum )
A upvc double glazed window overlooking an extremely large rear garden, fitted sliding wardrobes to one wall, picture rail, radiator, fitted carpet, textured ceiling.
Bedroom Three 9' 1" x 8' 1" ( 2.77m x 2.46m )
A upvc double glazed window to the front, fitted with a range of wardrobes, radiator, fitted carpet, skimmed ceiling.
Wet Room 8' 2" x 6' 2" ( 2.49m x 1.88m )
A upvc double glazed window to the rear, a three piece white suite comprising a walk-in double shower with an AKW electric shower, vanity unity with an inset wash hand basin and storage cupboards, large vanity mirror with inset spotlights, low level w.c., towel rail, radiator, vinyl flooring, coved and textured ceiling.
There is large forecourted frontage providing plenty of parking, enclosed by walling and fencing, there is a covered porch with an outside light and a driveway to the side providing additional parking with side gated access to the rear garden.
Garage 25' 8" x 11' 7" ( 7.82m x 3.53m )
A large detached garage with an up and over door, fitted storage, power and light.
A very large long rear garden which is enclosed by fencing, laid to three part lawn with shrub beds, enclosed decked seating area, raised flower beds and patio area, Monkey Puzzle and Blossom trees, water tap, outside lights, greenhouse, central pathway leading to:
Summer House 11' 3" x 9' 7" ( 3.43m x 2.92m )
A wooden summer house with a verandah, wired for wall lights, wooden door access and windows. (The owner has informed us that she will be replacing the suspended ceiling).
1. MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. The measurements indicated are supplied for guidance only and as such must be considered incorrect.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
5. THESE PARTICULARS ARE ISSUED IN GOOD FAITH BUT DO NOT CONSTITUTE REPRESENTATIONS OF FACT OR FORM PART OF ANY OFFER OR CONTRACT. THE MATTERS REFERRED TO IN THESE PARTICULARS SHOULD BE INDEPENDENTLY VERIFIED BY PROSPECTIVE BUYERS OR TENANTS. NEITHER PETER ALAN NOR ANY OF ITS EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS HAS ANY AUTHORITY TO MAKE OR GIVE ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY WHATEVER IN RELATION TO THIS PROPERTY.
BrochuresPDF Property ParticularsFull Details
Energy Performance CertificatesEPC
Thornhill Road, Rhiwbina, Cardiff
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Birchgrove Station0.4 miles
- Ty Glas Station0.5 miles
- Rhiwbina Station0.7 miles
About the agent
We’re passionate about property and the customers that we work for which is why after over 50 years in business we are proud to be a company that still provides service with a personal touch. All of our friendly staff are local experts, specialists at selling properties in your area.
As one of the largest estate agents in Wales we have extensive local coverage, with 29 branches and an average of 111 thousand visits to our website each month, we can get your property seen by a huge numbe
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference LSN303153. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Peter Alan, Llanishen. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.