Penshurst Road, Penshurst
- High Ceilings and period features
- Terraces to East and South
- Garage and parking
- Beautiful Communal Grounds
- Penshurst Village half a mile
- Penshurst Station 2.6 miles
- No Chain
Tenure: Share of Freehold
An opportunity to acquire a sensational ground floor apartment formed from the principal rooms of the original elegant villa with attractive views, beautiful grounds, located on the outskirts of this picturesque village.
Swaylands enjoys an elevated position, in an area of High Weald Outstanding Natural Beauty, with far reaching southerly views across its delightful landscaped gardens and grounds, culminating at the River Medway Swaylands is a secure development on the edge of Penshurst village which is within 0.5 of a mile. The picturesque village has a primary school, doctors surgery, tea room, garage and pub, together with the Historic nearby Penshurst Place house and gardens.
This impressive ground floor apartment is formed from some of the principal rooms of the original house with a superb feeling of light and space with high ceilings, underfloor heating with individual room thermostats and an attractive aspect across the gardens and grounds, including doors opening to an adjoining terrace. The property was extensively renovated in 2008 and retains a wealth of period features with a number of more contemporary finishes to the kitchen and bathrooms.
The main features of the property include:
• Reception hall with a cloakroom to one side and two storage cupboards.
• Drawing room which is dual aspect with a full height bay window to the side incorporating double doors to the East terrace.
• Double doors open to the dining room which again is dual aspect with two sets of high deep windows and walnut flooring.
• Kitchen/breakfast room has a range of units to floor and wall, granite working surfaces that extend to a peninsula breakfast bar, stainless steel Neff 6 burner range cooker with extractor canopy over, integrated coffee maker, wine cooler and fridge freezer. There is a full height bay window to the rear with delightful views and double doors opening to the South terrace.
• The main bedroom has two sets of windows to the front including a projecting raised bay and en suite shower room with contemporary Porcelanosa fittings, walk-in shower and vanity basin.
• Guest bedroom has a window to the South and en suite shower room with walk-in shower cubicle.
• Study/bedroom 3 with a window to the South. Storage room under the stairs off the communal hallway.
• Historical note - the principal rooms forming this apartment included the main drawing room and music room of the original house and Swaylands hosted the Prince of Wales, later to become King Edward VII, as well as Siegried Sasson and J.M. Barrie, Princess Mary of Teck (later Queen Mary)
Security gates open to Swaylands and the property has a garage and two parking spaces. The communal gardens and grounds are a real delight.
Number 3 has the benefit of a terrace to the East and South of the apartment. Beyond this is a broad terrace across the rear of the property with steps leading down through a sandstone wall to formal well stocked gardens blending into park-like land beyond including a tennis court, gym and cricket pitch for the residents' use, together with riverside woodland and a pond, in all 40 acres.
Penshurst Road, Penshurst
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Leigh Station2.1 miles
- Penshurst Station2.3 miles
- Ashurst Station3.1 miles
About the agent
At Batcheller Monkhouse, we specialise in marketing properties in the South East on a local, regional and national scale. Our experienced Partner-led teams ensure a wealth of local knowledge is available to champion your property, promote its location and communicate its unique appeal.
Our expertise in Estate Agency and Lettings enables us to deliver a quality of service that is highly tailored to our clients’ specific needs. And while we remain focused on the bigger picture, we also pa
Stamp Duty calculator
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference TUN210008. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Batcheller Monkhouse, Tunbridge Wells. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the average speed from the provider with the fastest broadband package available on comparethemarket.com at this postcode. The average speed displayed is based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm). Fibre/cable services at the postcode are subject to availability and may differ between properties within a postcode. Speeds can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed at the property may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed and confirm availability to a property prior to purchasing on the broadband provider's website. Providers may increase charges. The information is provided and maintained by Stickee Technology Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.