Kelvin Drive, North Kelvinside, Glasgow
Lismore House at 115 Kelvin Drive is undoubtedly one of the finest houses in the West End of Glasgow and indeed one of the most individual. It is perched high above the River Kelvin and sits directly on the boundary of The Botanic Gardens.
Fully detached and with absolutely stunning gardens, a side drive and a detached garage, this magnificent house was built circa 1860 for a German Consul, Johan Keif by his wife, as part of their wedding dowry.
The main accommodation includes three reception rooms, four bedrooms, a cloakroom/WC, bathroom and a separate shower room.
In addition, there is a recently upgraded three-bedroom self-contained flat at garden level. The garden level has always been linked to the main house via a staircase at the end of the reception hall but also has a totally private entrance to the side so is perfect for a separate family flat or rental.
The entrance hallway is spectacular and is entered through a curved oak arch and the drawing room has a stunning bow window with beautiful views to the garden. The tower room is one the most extraordinary features of the house and is accessed from the first floor landing via a charming staircase which leads to the tower itself which has six windows, all with dramatic views.
The garden is one of just may things that make this house so special. The main garden is to the side with an elegant triangle shaped lawn surrounded by paths, beds, hedging and mature trees and there are beautiful southerly aspects to the River Kelvin and The Botanics.
• Ornate entrance vestibule via detailed oak door with inset, oval shaped stained glass screen. Oak panelling and mosaic floor
• Wonderful welcoming hall lit by the leaded/stained glass windows in the vestibule and on the half landing
• Incredible main lounge with five section bow window to the side and an additional window to the rear (south). Original herringbone flooring, detailed dado panelling and feature marble fireplace with open fire
• Delightful second public room with bay window to the front and an absolutely charming focal point fireplace which originated from Lord Weirs house and was designed by E.A. Taylor
• Formal dining room with three section front window and marble fireplace
• Inner hallway leading to the kitchen and cloakroom
• Cloakroom/WC with window to the side
• Dining kitchen with window to the rear (south)
• Utility room with window to the rear
• Beautiful staircase with carved bannister leading up past the stained/leaded half landing window and then on to the upper landing
• Bedroom one is the original drawing room and has a five section bow window to the side and a further window to the rear. Elegant marble fireplace and fabulous, bespoke fitted wardrobes
• Bedroom two is currently used as a sitting room/office, has a marble fireplace and window to the rear
• Incredible family bathroom with leaded glass window to the rear, high level WC and an original bath with original square column and glass shower with all the functions and jets intact
• Bedroom three has two windows to the front and a marble fireplace
• Bedroom four has a bay window to the front and a marble fireplace
• Separate shower room with window to the front
• Absolutely charming tower room with windows on all sides and incredible views all around including The Botanics
• Back hallway with stairway down to garden level/flat
• Lower hall with storage off and side door to garden
• Further store which houses the boiler
• Sitting room with two windows to the rear
• Bedroom one with window to the rear
• Bedroom two with window to the rear
• Bedroom three, again, with window to the rear
• Excellent, newly fitted dining kitchen with window to the side
• Re-fitted utility room
• Large internal bathroom wit
EPC Rating: E
Council Tax Band: G
Energy Performance CertificatesEPC Rating Graph
Kelvin Drive, North Kelvinside, Glasgow
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Hillhead Station0.4 miles
- Kelvinbridge Station0.6 miles
- Kelvinhall Station0.8 miles
About the agent
Enjoying phenomenal success since opening its doors, the Glasgow West End office has been very well received in the niche market of the West End. The experienced team is led by Managing Partner, Maitland Walker, who has over 30 years' experience in the residential property market and is a leading figure in valuations and sales throughout Glasgow. Jamie Osborne joined the team in October 2014 bringing with him 18 years' of experience and knowledge of the property market, both in and outwith th
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference GWE210320. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Rettie & Co, West End. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.