Hall Lane, South Wootton, King's Lynn
- VENDORS HAVE FOUND
- Five bedroom detached family home
- An abundance of original character and charm
- Mature and well-maintained gardens
- Heated and filtered swimming pool
- Double garage with plenty of off-road parking
- Study perfect for working from home
- VIRTUAL VIEWINGS AVAILABLE - Call Branch For Details
**VENDORS FOUND** A rare opportunity to purchase a spacious house of character. Doomsday is a 1930s detached five bedroom property suitable for multi-generational living with four reception rooms, heated swimming pool, double garage with store room, summer house and large, mature gardens.
Doomsday retains many of the original features including internal doors and a recessed fireplace. The generous ground floor accommodation includes four reception rooms as well as a spacious kitchen/breakfast room and ground floor shower room. On the first floor there are five bedrooms, along with the family bathroom and separate cloakroom. Externally, the well-laid out gardens include a secluded heated outdoor swimming pool, areas of wide sweeping lawn, a vegetable garden and two patios. Specimen trees within the garden include a Weeping Birch and Paulownia. Viewing is essential!
We understand that this 1930s built house is named after a novel called 'Doomsday' written by Warwick Deeping in the 1920s. The book played a part in bringing together the couple who, when they married, commissioned the property to be built and gave it the same name.
The current owners have lived in Doomsday for 37 years and describe it as a fantastic and much-loved family home. Doomsday retains many of the original features including internal doors and a recessed fireplace. The generous ground floor accommodation includes four reception rooms as well as a spacious kitchen/breakfast room and ground floor shower room. On the first floor there are five bedrooms, along with the family bathroom and separate cloakroom. Externally, the well-laid out gardens include a secluded heated outdoor swimming pool, areas of wide sweeping lawn, a vegetable garden and two patios. Specimen trees within the garden include a Weeping Birch and Paulownia. Viewing is essential!
The hall has the original wooden front door and original windows on two aspects and a large cloak cupboard.
The carpeted hallway has attractive archways, a radiator and a wide staircase leading to the first floor.
Window to side, tiled splashbacks, marble sill and skirting, low level WC, hand wash basin and carpeting.
With bay-window to the front, original attractive recessed fireplace with tiled hearth, window seats and panelled surround, high plate shelf and window to side. Two radiators and carpeted flooring.
Windows to side and rear, radiator, carpeted flooring and two built-in storage cupboards.
Windows to either side, tiled flooring, hand-built pine kitchen with granite working surfaces, range-cooker, ceramic 1 ½ bowl sink/drainer, integrated dishwasher and refrigerator. Second staircase, two radiators, door to lobby and door to utility room.
Door and windows to side, tiled flooring, plumbing for washing machine, space and venting for tumble dryer. Butler sink, wooden working surfaces with tiled splashbacks and fitted cupboards. Radiator, door to shower room.
Window to rear, low level WC, hand wash basin, free-standing shower with tiled walls, heated towel rail and non-slip vinyl flooring.
Door into the garden, tiled flooring and door through to family room.
Patio door to front, two windows to side aspect, carpeted flooring and radiator. Glazed double doors to the study.
Window to rear, patio doors to side, radiator and carpeted flooring.
Window to side, loft hatch, radiator and carpeted flooring.
A lovely double-aspect room with windows to front and side, radiator, carpeted flooring, hand wash basin in vanity unit with tiled splashbacks, hand-built wardrobes with range of shelving and built-in drawers.
With window to rear, half-tiled walls, low level WC, hand wash basin and carpeted flooring.
Double-aspect room, carpeted flooring, radiator and fitted cupboards.
Window to rear aspect, hand wash basin in vanity unit, low level WC, fully tiled, bath with mixer taps/shower head, walk-in shower cubicle, airing cupboard and carpeted flooring
Window to side, carpeted flooring, radiator and fitted wardrobe, dressing table and drawers. Door to second staircase.
Window to rear and stairs to bedrooms four and five.
Window to side aspect, carpeted flooring, radiator, fitted wardrobe, cupboard, shelving and desk/dressing table unit.
Window to side aspect, carpeted flooring, radiator, fitted wardrobe and shelving.
The property features a wrap-around garden with large gravel driveway to the front which is gated, leading to the spacious double garage which is of concrete block construction. The garden itself is mainly laid to lawn with mature trees, including a Weeping Birch and Paulownia Tree, shrubs and flower beds. There is also a vegetable patch, two patio seating areas and a separate fenced area with a lawn and outdoor heated and filtered swimming pool. There is a large garden/pool shed and separate Summer House.
It is our understanding that the Property is not registered at the Land Registry which is the case with a significant proportion of land across England and Wales. Your conveyancer will take the necessary steps and advise you accordingly.
1. MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. The measurements indicated are supplied for guidance only and as such must be considered incorrect.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
5. THESE PARTICULARS ARE ISSUED IN GOOD FAITH BUT DO NOT CONSTITUTE REPRESENTATIONS OF FACT OR FORM PART OF ANY OFFER OR CONTRACT. THE MATTERS REFERRED TO IN THESE PARTICULARS SHOULD BE INDEPENDENTLY VERIFIED BY PROSPECTIVE BUYERS OR TENANTS. NEITHER SEQUENCE (UK) LIMITED NOR ANY OF ITS EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS HAS ANY AUTHORITY TO MAKE OR GIVE ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY WHATEVER IN RELATION TO THIS PROPERTY.
Energy Performance CertificatesEPC
Hall Lane, South Wootton, King's Lynn
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Kings Lynn Station1.9 miles
About the agent
Choose your local Norwich – Select Homes William H Brown office…
We’re a long-established estate agency brand; in fact William H Brown has been trading since 1890, so you can trust we are experts in our field. If you need a little more convincing here’s a few more reasons to choose William H Brown as your estate agent…
>> Your local William H Brown team in Norwich – Select Homes
Our team know the area and the marketplace. Most of our staff members live in the surrounding ar
Stamp Duty calculator
Staying secure when looking for property
Disclaimer - Property reference ZK1103414. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by William H. Brown, Norwich - Select Homes. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.