Finnemore House, Britannia Row, Islington, London, N1
- 2 Double Bedrooms, 1 Bathroom
- Third Floor Flat with Lift
- Bright and Spacious Accommodation with Modern Interiors
- Spacious Reception and Separate Kitchen
- Private South facing balcony
- Communal gardens
- Ample Inbuilt Storage
- Gas Central Heating and Double Glazing
- Close to Essex Road, Highbury & Islington, and Angel Stations, and Fashionable Amenities
- 620 sq ft / 57.6 sq m
Top 3 things you love about your home
1. This flat has the best orientation one could possibly wish (south-west). The bedroom is light filled in the morning, making for the perfect breakfast in bed ever. And then the rest of the day the light floods into the second bedroom and living room/balcony. Afternoons and evenings in this flat are hard to beat, they can be pretty special.
2. The space distribution is very neat, the flat is fairly square so there isn't any wasted area, the rooms are well proportioned, and we built in vast amounts of storage and wardrobes to fit all our needs. The balcony gives us a lovely outdoors space, with literally a wall of green leafy trees in front of us from May to November, it doesn't feel overlooked and it is always quiet. It's the perfect spot for the three of us to comfortably sit out for meals or simply chill out. It also has enough space to hang my bicycle.
3. The flat has always been very quiet, and this has only improved since being designated a People Friendly/Low Traffic Neighbourhood area. It is a pleasure to be able to sleep with opened windows and balcony during the warm months, creating a lovely breeze in the flat.
Three things we love about the area.
1. The range of pubs, restaurant/cafes and cultural venues is unbelievable, not only in Upper St. which is only 5-minute walk but in the whole area. Cuisines from all over the world (Afghan Kitchen and Zen Mondo (Japanese) being two of our favourites, but so many more!), quality cafes/bakeries (Popham's bakery is amazing, and just downstairs from the flat) amazing gastro pubs (Duke of Cambridge and Plaquemine Lock being 2 of our favourite closest ones) and the all-important traditional pub! (Earl of Essex, Narrow Boat within 5 minute walk). There are great cinemas and theatres within walking distance (Screen on the green cinema, Almeida Theatre, Sadler's Well Theatre)
2. Very family/children friendly neighbourhood, with several of the best primary schools (Hanover, William Tyndale, St. John's, St. Mary's, Hugh Middleton) in the borough within walking distance. Our son attends the excellent Hanover Primary School which is 8 minutes' walk from home. There are many parks, playgrounds, leisure centres and outdoors spaces to enjoy with the little ones (and with the not so little!).
3. It is a very central area, while still retaining that small community feel which makes it very welcoming. With great transport links into town and other major transport hubs (King's Cross (10mins), Liverpool St. (15mins)) and superb cycling connections. We often take lovely walks in Regent's canal, which is 2 minutes away, both towards East London (Broadway Market, Columbia Flower Market, Victoria Park) or West (King's Cross and the beautiful Coal's Yard, Camden, etc.)
1. Why are you selling? We have loved living in our flat for the past 11 years with our son, but since we are planning to grow the family we feel the need for a bit more space, so now it is the right time to move on.
2. What's the area like? Angel/Islington is an incredible area, it offers all the amenities and you can think of, from big supermarkets to small delicatessen specialised shops, big chain cinemas to small independent cinemas, pubs, music venues and theatres to suit any taste.
3. What is parking like? Even though we do not own a car (we cycle everywhere from here, using the superb cycling routes in the area), there are private parking spaces in the building managed by Islington Council. There are standard parking spaces in the area for which you can acquire parking vouchers for. We have a stack of them for when we get visitors and it's always been easy to find a close spot.
4. How busy is the road, is it quiet at night? The flat has always been very quiet. We are in a People Friendly/Low Traffic Neighbourhood area, so traffic is very low and it's far enough from the main roads.
5. I'm currently working from home, how does that work in this property? There is plenty of space to make it possible for two people to comfortably work from home in our flat (we have been doing it for the past year!). There is ample space in both living room and bedroom to set up a working station.
6. What's the internet like? We use Virgin Media with a fibre optic connection which is fast and reliable.
7. What's the boiler like? It's a 10-year-old Worcester Green Star Combi boiler (28kW) which we installed when we did the flat up. It has never failed, and it's been regularly serviced. The water pressure in the flat is perfect.
8. Are we able to do any work/extensions? We modified the ceiling to improve the heat insulation of the flat, and also allowing the installation of spotlights, which we did only in the shower room. You could easily install spotlights in the other rooms if you wished to. For other major works/extensions you will have to ask for planning permission to the Council but we can only assume you will be able to once permission is granted.
Accommodation comprises entrance hall with inbuilt storage, leading into the bright and spacious reception room with ample space for relaxing and dining as well as a private South facing balcony. The separate kitchen comprises a modern range of matching wall and base units with work surfaces incorporating inset sink unit, gas hob with overhead extractor and electric oven below, and further space for appliances. There are two well sized double bedrooms, plus a family bathroom and separate adjacent WC.
The property is superbly located within a short walk of both Essex Road and Angel stations, as well as numerous regular bus routes all providing exceptional cross-London connections. The area is well served by a fashionable array of shops, bars, restaurants and amenities, including all that Upper Street has to offer.
Energy Performance CertificatesEPC
Finnemore House, Britannia Row, Islington, London, N1
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Essex Road Station0.2 miles
- Angel Station0.5 miles
- Highbury & Islington Station0.7 miles
About the agent
The first estate agent to manage your sale and purchase in one place. All for the price of a high street agent.
We build a bespoke team of four experienced agents to manage your sale, advise on your purchase and coordinate your chain.
Your journey begins with a no-obligation visit from your local Nested agent. They will learn what you're hoping to achieve from your sale, where you're planning to move to and will share a digital property report
Stamp Duty calculator
Staying secure when looking for property
Disclaimer - Property reference 595klla1_EAF_65278. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Nested, London. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.