Tuns Road, Necton
- CONTACT BROWN&CO TO VIEW
- Beautiful farmhouse set in grounds of 1.25 acres (stms)
- Delightful position with fine views over the village church
- Numerous period outbuildings including timber frame barn and former village smithy and forge
- Requires refurbishment
- Dining room, sitting room and library
- Kitchen, boot room and utility room
- West Norfolk with access to both Kings Lynn and Norwich
- Partially walled garden and small woodland
- Must be viewed to fully appreciate
Necton is a pleasant village in West Norfolk near the historic market town of Swaffham. The village has easy access to the A47 allowing good road links both into Norfolk towards Norwich and out of Norfolk towards Kings Lynn. The village is serviced by a good local store and garage along with a post office, public house The Windmill, surgery, coffee house, primary school, recreation ground and public house. Nearby Swaffham is a thriving market town with a large array of amenities one expects from a small town including a Waitrose supermarket and secondary schools. There are two mainline stations approximately 15 miles away at Kings Lynn and Downham Market with direct trains to Ely, Cambridge and London.
The house dates to 1859 and is a particularly handsome property extending to around 1800sqft offering period living over two floors with a total of four bedrooms. The red brick property is symmetrical in its construction having three bays over two floors with ornate brick central chimney stacks and decoratively shaped tiled roof. Inside there is a reception hall and three reception rooms: a sitting room, library and dining room. Also a boot room, kitchen, utility room and ground floor shower room. Upstairs there are four bedrooms and family bathroom. Viewers are advised that work is required to the property which is reflected in the price.
The house occupies a commanding plot in the village with a great deal of privacy. The property has some fine views over the village church. The garden is landscaped to many aspects with pleasant areas to enjoy, cultivate and tend including an orchard and herb garden. The property is walled to the north boundary with a small woodland beyond this accessed through a gate. Here a track passes which grants access to two dwellings that lie to the north east of the property. There are a number of period former farm buildings in the grounds including a garage, garden stores, workshop, a stunning timber frame barn and the remains of the former village smithy and forge now in need of repair.
Right of way over track outside of immediate garden boundary to the north for two dwellings. Ownership of the track remains with Church Farm.
DIMENSI In metres
Library 4.2 x 3.9
Sitting Room 4.2 x 3.9
Dining Room 3.1 x 3
Kitchen 5.2 max x 3.63 max
Bedroom One 4.2 x 3.9
Bedroom Two 4.2 x 3.9
Bedroom Three 3.3 x 3.1
Bedroom Four 3.6 x 1.4
Full floorplan available via email by request.
Tuns Road, Necton
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Attleborough Station14.2 miles
About the agent
Brown & Co is a broad based independent firm of property practitioners, successfully combining traditional values of client care and communication with the latest technological advances within the residential agency world. We are at the forefront of agency in the towns and cities in which we operate within the East Midlands and East Anglia, also benefiting from national coverage via the London Office at St James's Place and even overseas offices. Whether buying or selling we offer a full ra
Stamp Duty calculator
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference 100005020004. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Brown & Co, King's Lynn. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Highest average speed available at this postcode based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speeds can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to a property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. The information is provided and maintained by Stickee Technology Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.