- Detached 4 bedroom owner's accommodation
- 5 holiday cottages and 2 lodges accommodating up to 32 guests
- Lapsed planning permission for indoor pool facility and further accommodation
- Set in 17.1 acres of outstanding gardens, grounds and lake
- Potential to add further letting accommodation (STPP)
- Fitness trail along the River Fowey
- Single bank fishing from April 1st to December 15th each year
Situated in 17.1 acres of private, idyllic gardens and grounds, the Farm comprises a spacious 4 bedroom owner's bungalow and 7 holiday letting units, sleeping from 2 to 8 guests.
The Property is accessed via a private driveway and occupies a tranquil Cornish setting around 6.6 miles east of Bodmin, fronting the River Fowey with a long fishing season stretching to mid-December.
The Property is located just 0.5 miles from the A38, affording excellent accessibility both east and west. The nearest mainline train station is Bodmin Parkway, around 3.3 miles from the Property, providing direct services to London Paddington. Newquay International Airport is around 23.1 miles away and provides services to the rest of the UK and some European destinations.
Rivermead Farm is currently run for 6 months of the year and has significant potential to be traded as a year-round accommodation business. The extensive grounds and fishing rights mean that a purchaser has scope to pursue more leisure business. In addition, planning has previously been granted to develop a contemporary swimming pool facility and additional holiday accommodation. Due to the size of the Property, Rivermead Farm would also be an idea wedding and events venue with idyllic grounds to utilise.
THE LOCAL AREA
The Property is well located for a range of both south and north Cornwall's attractions and hotspots. The Eden Project is situated around 12.2 miles from the Property. The popular seaside towns of Fowey and Looe are located around 14.4 miles and 13.3 miles from the Property respectively.
The Property is also well situated for the Lanhydrock Estate, Bodmin Moor and the beautiful Cornish beaches and villages, such as St Neot, Lostwithiel and Liskeard.
Owners' accommodation is provided in a spacious and light 4 bedroom unit, capable of being separated into a main house and 1-bedroom annexe. Externally, there is a private patio overlooking the stunning gardens and grounds down to the River Fowey.
Guest accommodation is provided across 5 letting cottages, converted from the old farm buildings.
All cottages provide a fully equipped kitchen and enjoy the views over the Property's outstanding landscape. The cottages are all rated either 4 or 4* Gold by Visit England.
There are 2 luxury lodges at the Property both sleeping up to 6 guests, providing light and airy contemporary accommodation, nestled in the Property's grounds.
AMENITY AND EXTERNAL AREAS
Externally the grounds extend to approximately 17.1 acres comprising beautifully presented and maintained gardens, woods, paddocks and 1.3 acre lake.
The current owners have also created a Fitness trail and Boules court within the grounds. There is also a levelled lawn area suitable for marquees.
The Property fronts approximately 500m of the River Fowey with single bank fishing rights running from 1st April to 15th December each year. The current owners do not currently offer lake fishing. The Rod Room provides storage for fishing equipment and guest laundry facilities.
There is an onsite craft studio, garage, tractor shed and two 100' poly tunnels within the grounds.
There is ample resident and guest parking on site.
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Bodmin Parkway Station2.4 miles
- Lostwithiel Station4.4 miles
About the agent
With over 160 years of experience, over 600 offices globally - including 130 in the UK, and thousands of potential buyers and tenants on our database, we'll make sure your property gets in front of the right people. And once you’ve sold your property, we’re here to help you move on to the next stage of your journey.
Whether buying or renting a house, flat, country estate or waterside property, our experts make it their busin
Stamp Duty calculator
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference RIVERMEAD. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Savills, Exeter. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the average speed from the provider with the fastest broadband package available on comparethemarket.com at this postcode. The average speed displayed is based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm). Fibre/cable services at the postcode are subject to availability and may differ between properties within a postcode. Speeds can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed at the property may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed and confirm availability to a property prior to purchasing on the broadband provider's website. Providers may increase charges. The information is provided and maintained by Stickee Technology Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.