Rugby Road, BN1
- A deceptively spacious 5/6 bedroom semi detached square bay fronted Victoran period home
- With a sunny south facing rear garden located in one of the most sought after roads in the Preston Park Conservation Area
- The favoured Downs, Balfour, Dorothy Stringer and Varndean schools are nearby and both Blakers Park and Preston Park are within easy reach
- Brighton, London Road and Preston Park mainline stations are within 1.5 miles providing a commuter service to Gatwick and London
- The property has been well maintained and considerably improved by the present owners
- Whilst retaining much of the original charm and character with many original period features
- Including: the timber sash windows, ceiling covings and mouldings, fireplaces, dado rails and picture rails
- Entrance vestibule, entrance hall, lounge, dining room with enclosed balcony, 22' kitchen/breakfast room, playroom/bedroom 6 with additional sleeping area, cellar
- On the upper floors there are 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and attic room
- The property also enjoys a bright and sunny south facing landscaped rear garden with a useful gated side access
Situated in one of the most sought after roads in the vibrant Fiveways area, this 5/6 bedroom semi detached family home is close to the interesting and useful local shops, including a number of good cafes and bars, delivering an excellent range of locally sourced produce. The favoured Downs, Balfour, Dorothy Stringer and Varndean schools are nearby and both Blakers Park and Preston Park are within easy reach providing their recreational facilities. Brighton, London Road and Preston Park mainline stations are within 1.5 miles providing a commuter service to Gatwick and London, and there are regular bus services in Ditchling Road providing easy access to Brighton city centre and seafront.
All measurements are approximate.
With an attractive timber and glazed front door. Original ceiling coving. Dado rail.
With original ceiling covings. Dado rail. Radiator. Timber sash window to the side with original glass.
4.441 x 4.269 (14'6" x 14'0")
With a square bay window to the front with timber sash windows. Feature marble fireplace surround with fitted log burner and slate hearth. Original ceiling covings. Picture rail. Dado rail. Radiator.
3.749 x 3.277 (12'3" x 10'9")
With a original feature fireplace with tiled inset and hearth. Original ceiling coving. Picture rail. Radiator. Door to:
2.016 x 1.694 (6'7" x 5'6")
With high level Velux window and double glazed window overlooking the rear garden. Quarry tiled floor. Radiator.
6.792 x 2.968 (22'3" x 9'8")
Enjoying a double aspect with period style glazed doors connecting to a favoured south facing level rear garden.
Fitted with a range of hand built units with oak work surfaces comprising a butler sink with mixer tap over and cupboard beneath. Additional floor and eye level cupboards with space for an Aga cooker, dishwasher, washing machine and tumble dryer. Built in plate racks. Part tiled walls over work surfaces. Sash window to the side. Archway leading to:
With pitched ceiling with Velux window and recessed ceiling lighting. Stripped wood floor. Radiator. Period style glazed doors connecting to a favoured south facing level rear garden.
With understairs cupboard. Dado rail. Cupboard housing meters.
3.3582 x 3.275 (11'0" x 10'8")
With radiator. Wall light points. Opening to:
2.044 x 1.491 (6'8" x 4'10")
With radiator. Recessed ceiling lighting. Window overlooking the rear garden.
5.052 x 4.168 overall size (16'6" x 13'8" overall size
With electric light.
With timber sash window to the side. Radiator. Dado rail. Built in cupboard.
4.442 x 3.567 (14'6" x 11'8")
With a square bay window to the front with timber sash windows. Feature period fireplace with tile inset and hearth. Dado rail. Stripped wood floor. Pair of built in low level cupboards with shelving over. Old school style radiator. ( Currently used as a library).
3.798 x 3.327 (12'5" x 10'10")
With a timber sash window over looking the rear garden. Cast iron fireplace. Built in cupboard to alcove. Radiator.
2.667 x 1.746 (8'8" x 5'8")
With a white suite comprising a washed timber panelled bath with mixer tap and hand shower attachment. Pedestal wash hand basin. low level wc. Fully tiled shower cubicle with folding door and Mira shower. Part washed timber cladding to walls. Recessed ceiling lighting. Heated towel/radiator. Timber sash window to the front and second window to the side.
With timber sash window to the side. Dado rail.
3.359 x 2.883 (11'0" x 9'5")
With timber sash window over looking the rear garden. Wood Laminate flooring. Radiator. Fitted shelving to the recess. (Currently is fitted out as a home office with space for three work stations and printers and over thirty under-desk power points).
4.277 x 3.392 (14'0" x 11'1")
With twin Velux windows to the south. Radiator. Access to eaves storage.
With a white suite comprising a paneled bath with mixer tap and hand shower attachment. Low level wc. Three part tiled walls. Radiator.
With high level Velux. Dado rail. Access to rear loft space.
4.314 x 3.473 (14'1" x 11'4")
With a timber double glazed window over looking the rear garden. Cast iron fireplace. Radiator.
An attractive designed landscaped front garden with original tiled path leading to the front door. Gravel area with flower beds with various mature shrubs and plants. Disguised bin store.
Gated side entrance leading to the rear garden.
An attractive landscaped 45' garden enjoying a bright and sunny south facing aspect. With a circular designed brick patio area having a plinth for a sculpture, flower borders with up lighters having a variety of mature plants, shrubs and trees offering degree of privacy and seclusion. At the lower end of the garden there is a brick built shed with Sussex brick and a tiled roof. Outside sink, granite worktops, water tap and power. Feature lamp post. Side Patio with outside lighting and water tap.
EPC INFORMATION Full Energy Performance Certificate available on request
APPLIANCES AND SERVICES: The appliances and services mentioned have not been tested therefore we are unable to verify that they are in working order. The buyer is advised to obtain verification from their solicitor or surveyor.
TENURE: We understand from our client that the property is Freehold.
THINKING OF SELLING? For a Free Current Market Appraisal contact either David Whittle or David Coleby or email: VIEWING: Strictly by appointment only through David & Co 132a Preston Drove, Brighton, East Sussex, BN1 6FJ. Tel: .
Rugby Road, BN1
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- London Road (Brighton) Station0.2 miles
- Brighton Station0.7 miles
- Preston Park Station0.8 miles
About the agent
- David & Co are one of the leading Independent Estate Agents at Fiveways, Brighton offering a wealth of experience in residential sales. The office covers Fiveways, Preston Park, Surrenden, Varndean, Withdean, Hollingdean, Hollingbury, Patcham, Roundhill and Preston Circus areas and specialises in selling all styles of property from flats to large family houses.
You can rest assured that instructing David & Co to sell your home is the
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference 15558415. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by David & Co, Brighton. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.