Chaffcombe, Chard, Somerset, TA20
- Close to the village of Chaffcombe in a quiet situation
- Nearby towns are Crewkerne, Sherborne and Chard with excellent facilities
- Charming property in good decorative order throughout
- Lovely views over the stables and countryside from principal bedroom
- Fully equipped stables with four loose boxes and yard
- Professionally installed CCTV and security alarm linked to the house
- Four paddocks with electric fencing and large area of gated and fenced hard standing
- EPC Rating = E
Newlands Farm is constructed of stone with painted white render under a tile roof. Believed to date from 1830. This charming property is in good decorative order throughout. The kitchen has fitted painted wooden units with wooden work tops and a butlers sink. There is also an LPG range master cooker, an integrated fridge and the floor is natural Indian slate. A new combi oil fired boiler has been fitted last year. The sitting room has a double aspect with a wood burner set within a brick fireplace and the dining room with attractive bay window has a multi-fuel burner. Upstairs the principal bedroom has fitted wardrobes and en suite shower room with views over the fields and stables. There are a further three bedrooms upstairs and a family bathroom.
The Stables and Yard
Newlands Farm is set up as an equestrian property. The fully equipped stables of which there are four loose boxes and yard benefit from a reinforced insulated tack room, full professionally installed CCTV and a security alarm that is linked to the house. Ample sockets and lighting in boxes and yard. Hot water is also available. There is a large area of fenced and gated hard standing. Auto drinkers and auto refill troughs are set up in the paddocks.
Paddocks and Gardens
The five acres are divided into four paddocks with mains electric fencing. The garden behind the house has an outside terrace and loggia to enjoy sitting out and is mainly laid to lawn with established apple and pear trees.
Please see floor plans.
Newlands Farm is located close to the village of Chaffcombe.
The nearby towns of Yeovil, Crewkerne, Sherborne and Chard have an excellent variety of shopping, educational, recreational and cultural facilities.
Communications in the area include mainline railway stations at Crewkerne and Taunton with a service to London Waterloo and Castle Cary to London Paddington.
The A303 lies to the north at South Petherton and provides a route to London and the Home Counties.
The area is served by an excellent range of independent schools including Perrot Hill, Hazlegrove, Millfield, Leweston and Sherborne.
Sporting facilities in the area include golf at Sherborne and horse racing at Exeter, Wincanton and Bath.
Water sports are available on the Dorset Jurassic Coast, a UNESCO World Heritage Site or Sutton Bingham reservoir.
Chard Equestrian Centre at Cricket St Thomas (approximately 2 miles).
Square Footage: 1,752 sq ft
Acreage: 5 Acres
Follow the A30 and passing the turnings to Cricket St. Thomas and Lydmarsh. Half way down the hill on the right hand side is the turning to Newlands Farm opposite the signpost to Wreath on the left hand side of the A30. Proceed down the short drive and at the end, Newlands Farm is the property on the right hand side.
Postcode: TA20 4BS
Energy Performance CertificatesEPC Rating Graph
Chaffcombe, Chard, Somerset, TA20
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Crewkerne Station6.6 miles
About the agent
Leading Property Consultants
Expansive Property Website
Over 100 UK Offices
Over 30 London Offices
Leaders in Research
Mortgages & Finance services
Founded in 1855, Savills is a leading global estate agency with over 130 locations around the UK including 37 offices in London.
Whether buying, selling, letting or renting a property, our experienced estate agents take the time to understand your property needs and guide you through every step
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference WBS200099. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Savills, Wimborne. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.