Spencer Hill, Wimbledon, London, SW19
- Excellent location between Village and Town
- Double fronted Victorian house
- Impressive room proportions
- Approved planning for a three floor extension to rear
- (Ref: 16/P4195)
- Wonderful garden
- EPC Rating = D
An exceptionally rare opportunity to purchase a wonderful double fronted Victorian house in a prime location between Wimbledon Village and Wimbledon town. Although already a well proportioned house, planning permission was approved to extend at the rear of the property on all three levels. The planning reference is 16/P4195.
The main entrance to the house is on the raised ground floor which is a typical characteristic of fine Victorian houses. There is a pair of substantial reception rooms on either side of the hall, both with wonderful high ceilings. The kitchen/breakfast room overlooks the mature rear garden to the back of the house, having steps providing access.
The lower ground floor offers great flexibility, with a playroom or fifth bedroom to the front of the house and a superb family/games room with doors leading into the garden.
There are four bedrooms on the first floor, including the principal bedroom overlooking the garden, with an en suite bathroom. There is also an additional family bathroom on this floor and the roof space is a good size.
The garden is sublime, being mature and well screened from neighbouring houses. Looking towards the house from the back garden, the potential in extending on all three levels is appreciated, and doing so would make for an extremely well balanced house of almost 4,000 sq ft. There is also off street parking in front of the house.
Spencer Hill is between Ridgway and Worple Road, around 600 metres from the Village High Street and 800 metres from Wimbledon Common. Wimbledon Village has a number of pretty shops, restaurants and bars. The Common itself is 1,200 acres approx and perfect for walking, riding, cycling and golf. Wimbledon railway station is around 800 metres away with regular links to central London (London Waterloo 17 minutes).
Source of times
source of distances Google Pedometer
All measurements are approximate.
Energy Performance CertificatesEPC Rating Graph
Spencer Hill, Wimbledon, London, SW19
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Dundonald Road Tram Stop0.3 miles
- Wimbledon Station0.3 miles
- Merton Park Tram Stop0.7 miles
About the agent
With over 160 years of experience, over 600 offices globally - including 130 in the UK, and thousands of potential buyers and tenants on our database, we'll make sure your property gets in front of the right people. And once you’ve sold your property, we’re here to help you move on to the next stage of your journey.
Whether buying or renting a house, flat, country estate or waterside property, our experts make it their busin
Stamp Duty calculator
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference WMS200167. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Savills, Wimbledon. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.