Felindre, Nr Newcastle Emlyn, Carmarthenshire, SA44
- Handsome Grade II Listed property. About 4.7 acres
- Character features and generous accommodation space
- Flexibility of use as a main house & annexe/cottage
- 5 reception rooms. 6/7 bedrooms (1 en suite). 2 further bathrooms
- Numerous traditional stone outbuildings with conversion potential (stp)
- Old Coach House & Stables, Old Dairy Rooms & Lodge
- Stunning landscaped grounds & gardens
- Delightful large pond with island
- Further land adjoining an idyllic stream
• Handsome Grade II Listed property set in about 4.7 acres
• Character features and generous accommodation space
• Flexibility of use as a main house & annexe/cottage
• 5 reception rooms. 6/7 bedrooms (1 en suite). 2 further bathrooms
• Numerous traditional stone outbuildings with conversion potential (stp)
• Old Coach House & Stables, Old Dairy Rooms & Lodge
• Stunning landscaped grounds & gardens
• Delightful large pond with island
• Further land adjoining an idyllic stream
• Pretty central village location yet retaining privacy
• High speed internet connection
The below background history was supplied by the current owners:
Felindre House was built in the 1500’s by the Lewes family. It remained their principal residence in this area until 1792 when they commissioned John Nash to build them a new house at Llysnewydd and the house at Llanerchaeron (now National Trust). Whilst doing these projects he was also asked to alter Felindre house, employing Mr Saxon the builder to do the work. After this various members of the family lived here until the 1840’s when Lord Cawdor borrowed the house for his first vicar for the church he built in the village. He remained at Felindre until the new vicarage was built. In the 1900s the Lewes family returned here briefly whilst alterations were made at Llysnewydd. After this it was tenanted until 1921 when it was sold to the tenants to help pay the death duties at Llanerchaeron. They remained at Felindre until the 1980s when they sold it to a family who lived here until 2005 and the present owners purchased the property.
VIRTUAL VIEWING TOUR ON SAVILLS WEBSITE
General Remarks and Stipulations
Fixtures & Fittings
Unless specifically described in these particulars, all fixtures & fittings are excluded from the sale though may be available by separate negotiation. Further information is available from the vendor’s agents.
Wayleaves, Easements and Rights of Way
The property is sold subject to and with the benefit of all rights, including rights of way, whether public or private, light, support, drainage, water, and electricity supplies and any other rights and obligations, easements and proposed wayleaves for masts, pylons, stays, cables, drains and water, gas and other pipes, whether referred to in the Conditions of Sale or not. Please check with the Highways Department at the local County Council for the exact location of public footpaths/ bridleways.
Plans, Areas and Schedules
Any available plans are for identification and reference purposes only. The purchaser(s) shall be deemed to have satisfied himself as to the description of the property. Any error or mis-statement shall not annul a sale or entitle any party to compensation in respect thereof.
Strictly by appointment with Savills.
Pretty central village location yet retaining privacy
Square Footage: 3,489 sq ft
Felindre, Nr Newcastle Emlyn, Carmarthenshire, SA44
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Carmarthen Station12.2 miles
About the agent
• Leading Property Consultants
• Expansive Property Website
• Over 100 UK Offices
• Over 30 London Offices
• Leaders in Research
• Mortgages & Finance services
Founded in 1855, Savills is a leading global estate agency with over 130 locations around the UK including 37 offices in London.
Whether buying, selling, letting or renting a property, our experienced estate agents take the time to understand your property needs and guide you through every step
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference CRS200061. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Savills, Cardiff. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.