Ingram Street, Glasgow, G1
- B-listed neo-classical former Glasgow Sheriff Court building
- Contemporary Open Plan Interior
- Central Common Courtyard
- Situated in the heart of Glasgow's Merchant City
- Within minutes of shop, bars, restaurant and transport links
apartment accessed from the 2nd floor of the iconic former Glasgow Sheriff Court
Building, situated right in the heart of Glasgow's Merchant City district.
The B-listed neo-classical building of the former Sheriff Court occupies a full block
which was converted by Persimmon Homes into luxury apartments, shops, bars restaurants and the headquarters of the Scottish Youth Theatre. This was a milestone in
the renaissance of Glasgow's historic Merchant City area, designed by Parr Architects,
retaining the building's exterior whilst creating a completely contemporary interior
incorporating an open air central courtyard dramatically spanned by an elevated
The apartment itself is accessed from a shared landing with a small private hallway
leading directly to the lower level, with a feature spiral staircase leading to upper
floor apartments. The lower level is completely open plan, incorporating a spacious
lounge/dining area with recess study/office and a kitchen fitted out with a range
of contemporary fitted units, incorporating worktop surface areas, built in sink and
drainer and a range of integrated appliances.
At upper floor level there is a master bedroom and second apartment overlooking
the lower level, which can also be used as a double bedroom. There is also a Jack and
Jill style bathroom accessible from both upper rooms, with a contemporary 3-piece
white suite installed comprising low level WC, vanity style wash hand basin and
panelled bath. The property also benefits from having double glazing and electric
The property sits right in the heart of the Merchant City and is literally a few minutes walk from the Italian centre, George Square, City Centre shopping facilities and
numerous popular bars, restaurants and nightclubs. In addition to this, there are
excellent public transport services close by including both Queen Street and Glasgow
Central main line railway stations and there is easy access onto the nearby M8 which
links with the national motorway network and also provides easy access to Glasgow
Energy Performance CertificatesHOME REPORT
Ingram Street, Glasgow, G1
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Argyle Street Station0.2 miles
- Glasgow Queen Street Station0.2 miles
- High Street (Glasgow) Station0.3 miles
About the agent
Dallas McMillan, a long established leading Glasgow City law firm, offer a high quality and personalised legal service to private clients and businesses across Scotland. Our services include Personal Injury, House purchase and sale, Wills, Succession Planning and Executry for our private clients, and also a bespoke service for our business clients offering advice in Corporate and Commercial matters, Employment law and Commercial property.
As Conveyancing lawyers and members of GSPC base
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference YBBEN017ADLH. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Dallas McMillan, Glasgow. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.