Llangunllo, Knighton, Powys
- A rare opportunity to purchase a detached house, in need of renovation, with separate barn sitting in just under 26 acres
- Barn has planning consent for change of use into domestic accommodation
- Hillside pasture land, stunning views
- Hall, sitting room, kitchen, bathroom, two bedrooms
The house is in need to renovation and would benefit from extension, to make the most of it's unrivalled tranquil location.
There is a central hall, with a sitting room to one side, having a parquet floor, and kitchen to the other. Beyond the kitchen is the ground floor bathroom and rear lobby. Stairs rise from the hall to the first floor landing, where there are two double bedrooms, both with built-in cupboards.
The house has a south facing aspect and wonderful outlook.
Set a short distance from the house is a detached stone barn, of about 1,301 sq ft
(121 sq m), with planning consent for a change of use into domestic accommodation. The barn could be used as ancillary to the cottage, as a separate dwelling, or as an income stream through holiday let (subject to any necessary change to existing planning permission).
As a whole, the land provides possibility as a small holding.
PLEASE MAKE SURE THAT ANY GATES THAT ARE OPENED ON VIEWINGS ARE CLOSED IMMEDIATELY
Local Authority: Powys
Services: Private water supply and treatment plant
drainage. Mains electricity.
Council Tax: Band D
Fixtures and Fittings: Only items known as fixtures
and fittings will be included in the sale. Certain
items such as garden ornaments, carpets and
curtains may be available by separate negotiation.
Wayleaves, rights of way and easements: The
property will be sold subject to and with the benefit of all wayleaves, easements and rights of way, whether mentioned in these particulars or not.
Planning: Prospective purchasers are advised that
they should make their own enquiries of the Powys
Viewing strictly through the agent.
The property is set amidst the stunning rolling hills and valleys of rural mid-Wales. Several small villages are located nearby, with Knighton and Presteigne being the nearest market towns and provide the everyday range of facilities one would expect including schools, a range of local shops and supermarkets. The city of Hereford and the county town of Shrewsbury are slightly further afield, with both having mainline train stations. Llangunllo has a station on the Heart of the Wales line running from Shrewsbury to Swansea through the surrounding countryside which is mainly farmland and offers a great range of recreational opportunities including fantastic walking and riding.
The property enjoys a right of way over the initial part of the track, which gives access to the land, barn and house. The land, which is hillside pasture, extends to approximately 25.92 acres.
The property's position is quite breath taking, with outstanding far-reaching views across the valley and hills.
Council TaxA payment made to your local authority in order to pay for local services like schools, libraries, and refuse collection. The amount you pay depends on the value of the property.Read more about council tax in our glossary page.
Llangunllo, Knighton, Powys
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Llangynllo Station0.9 miles
- Llanbister Road Station1.9 miles
- Knucklas Station3.6 miles
About the agent
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference LUD210097. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Strutt & Parker, Ludlow. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the average speed from the provider with the fastest broadband package available on comparethemarket.com at this postcode. The average speed displayed is based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm). Fibre/cable services at the postcode are subject to availability and may differ between properties within a postcode. Speeds can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed at the property may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed and confirm availability to a property prior to purchasing on the broadband provider's website. Providers may increase charges. The information is provided and maintained by Stickee Technology Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.