Sandy Lane, Blackburn, Lancashire, BB2
- Rare opportunity for potential development [subject to Planning]
- Village location close to Priory, village pubs and Pleasington Golf Course
- 2 miles to M65 yet a very semi-rural setting
- Quite a private plot with mature boundaries
- Property has been tenanted and could continue to be so during any Planning Application period.
Written offers are invited for this private tree lined plot [approx 910 sq meters] which has obvious development potential. Currently on site is a rather modest 2 bed timber/asbestos bungalow which was originally built in the 1920's. We anticipate that new owners will seek Planning Permission to build a replacement dwelling and develop this rather attractive site within this sought after village, close to Pleasington's historic Priory.
Priory Meadows is on the left hand side of Sandy Lane [just past the Priory] as you start to descend towards Trout Brook Farm. Please see the location plan within the photograph section of the display on either Rightmove or our own website The boundaries of the site are edged in red. On site there is identifiable boundary fencing which delineates the area being offered for sale.
The current property on site
The dwelling currently on site is a timber/asbestos single storey 'bungalow' which was originally built in the 1920's and has been held on a perpetual tenancy ever since. It was externally clad with PVCu panelling in the 1980's. Gas central heating is installed and the property is connected to the public supplies of water, electricity and gas. Drainage is to a septic tank. The accommodation comprises of:-
Lounge 5.30m x 3.63m
Dining Kitchen 4.81m x 2.69m
Bedroom 1 3.44m x 2.68m
Bedroom 2 3.44m x 2.61m
Shower room/Wc 2.69m x 2.23m
It is a particularly long site with the bungalow positioned in a wider middle section. The upper part of the plot is currently used a parking space [plenty of room for several vehicles]. Beyond the bungalow [on the lower side] is an expanse of private garden with a lawned section and vegetable area.
If you wish to make an offer for this property/plot then please can you write to us or make a submission by email.Please submit the following information:-
 Your full name[s], address and telephone number, plus email details
 The amount of your formal offer [subject to contract and planning permission]]
 An explanation as to how you will be funding the transaction eg mortgage and/or personal funds/cash and whether you will be dependent upon selling a current property. If so please give details of any chain involved.
All offers will be submitted to our instructing clients, to be considered on merit
Energy Performance CertificatesEPC
Sandy Lane, Blackburn, Lancashire, BB2
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Pleasington Station0.3 miles
- Cherry Tree Station1.1 miles
- Mill Hill Station1.8 miles
About the agent
About James Whitehead Estate Agency
We handle properties across the price ranges although we have developed a healthy reputation for handling higher priced property and the more complicated sale.
Many professional groups including Solicitors and Accountants favour us with instructions in matters such as probates where integrity and complete impartiality are required to protect client interests.
Membership of the National Association of Estate Agents should reassure all clien
Stamp Duty calculator
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference PRIORYMEADOWS. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by James Whitehead Professional Estate Agent, Blackburn. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.