Bickershaw Lane, WN2
- 25.77 acres (10.43 hectares) including fishing lodge extending to 0.68 acre (0.27 hectares)
- Level land currently used for horse grazing adjacent to the BIFFA Waste Transfer Station
- An area of historic mining activity - greenbelt in the current GM Spatial Strategy Draft Document
- Grade 3 - Good to Moderate within Natural England's Land Classification Mapping System
- Bickershaw Lane made up and adopted by the Local Authority
- Fishing Lodge let on an informal agreement - nominal rental
- Single Farm Payment Entitlement is not included
- Offers - in excess of £150,000
Relatively level agricultural/amenity land with good frontage to Bickershaw Lane and secondary frontage to private road leading to BIFFA Waste Transfer Station. Located within an area of historic mining activity to the north east of Wigan. Property located close to large metropolitan conurbations of Manchester and Liverpool yet reasonably convenient to motorway connections to a wide urban population with equestrian/amenity interests. Small fishing lodge adjoining the Waste Transfer Station with access by agreement from the staff car park area. Former lodge surrounded by access paths and fishing stand points.
For Sat Nav. use postcode WN2 5TB. Bickershaw Lane, the B5237 links Platt Bridge on the south east side of Wigan with the adjacent towns of Leigh and Atherton.
Bickershaw Lane is made up and adopted by the Local Authority.
Mains services are believed to be available however intending purchasers should make their own enquiries of the various statutory undertakers, for example Electricity Northwest and United Utilities.
Single Farm Payment Entitlement
No Single Farm Payment Entitlement is included within the sale.
The land is subject to a residential development clawback of 30% of the enhanced value. This provision lasts until 2028.
At any reasonable time.
Offers in excess of £150,000 to be submitted on the attached Form of Offer together with proof of funding and proof of identity.
Vacant Possession on Completion
Your attention is drawn to the following notice.
Lea Hough & Co, for themselves and for the Vendor(s) or Lessor(s) of this property, gives notice that:
1. These particulars, whilst believed to be correct, do not form any part of an offer or contract and are for a guide only.
2. Any intending purchaser must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the condition of the premises and no warranty is given by the Vendor(s), their Agents or any person in the Agents employment.
3. Any gas, electrical or other appliances included have not been tested; this includes drains, plumbing and electrical installations. It is recommended that all persons carry out their own investigations prior to contract.
Ref. RBP/sps/S.435 June 2020
Lea Hough is a trading name of Lea Hough & Co LLP, which is a Limited Liability Partnership registered in England and Wales under Partnership Number OC306054.
Registered Office: 7 Ferry Road Office Park, Preston, PR2 2YH.
BrochuresBrochureForm of offer
Bickershaw Lane, WN2
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Hindley Station2.1 miles
- Ince Station2.3 miles
- Bryn Station2.8 miles
About the agent
Lea Hough Chartered Surveyors is a well-established firm with main offices in Blackburn and Preston as well as branches in Lancaster and Clitheroe in Lancashire.
Regulated by the RICS, we are one of the most respected independent firms of Chartered Surveyors and Valuers in the North West.
We undertake surveys of all properties including Valuations, RICS Homebuyer Reports and full Building Survey Reports (Structural Survey Reports).
In property sales and lettings, we are expe
Disclaimer - Property reference S435. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Lea, Hough & Co, Blackburn. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.