Tyfica Road, Graigwen, Pontypridd
- Elegant Detached Family Home Of Sizable Proportions - Large Garden
- Superb Example Of Fine Victorian Architecture
- 5 Bedrooms, Bathroom & Shower Room
- 3 Large Reception Rooms Plus Fully Integrated Kitchen - Granite Worktop
- Side Drive Plus 2 Storey Coachouse (Garage)
Ty Hir (Long House) is a fine example of Victorian architecture. This detached and elegant family home has a commanding view of the mountains opposite. Boasting a large front garden plus parking & garage. Boasting 5 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, 3 elegant receptions & fully integrated kitchen.
Ty Hir (Long House) originally built for the gentry in Pontypridd town is a fine example of Victorian architecture. This elegant detached manor house is located upon this fine road and boasts an elevated view from the front terrace and all front facing windows over the mountains opposite. With exquisite features throughout of a bygone era to include coving's & ceiling roses, picture rails and original panel interior doors. To the front a large lawned garden surrounded by mature shrubs including a magnificent Magnolia tree. Ty Hir now offers a spacious and versatile family home. Briefly comprising an entrance porch, hall with original terrazzo tiled floor, large formal dining room, comfortable sitting room, impressively large and elegant drawing room - cast iron log burner with beautiful fie surround, fitted kitchen - solid granite worktop incorporating a breakfast bar and fully integrated, inner hall with ground floor shower room/wc and laundry room. To the first floor there are 5 bedrooms plus a large family bathroom. Complimented with gas central heating and upvc double glazing. The property further benefits from a 2 roomed basement cellar with light & power plus a staircase rises to a 2 roomed loft again with light & power. Externally the superb front garden benefits from a full width paved terrace overlooking the garden. At the rear an enclosed paved courtyard with side drive allowing off road parking. A 2 storey coach house is now used as a garage with eclectic door.
Graigwen (White-Rock) is the name of the large hill (Graigwen Hill) and the village or district located thereon, sited to the north of Pontypridd town centre and south of Glyncoch and Ynysybwl in the county borough of Rhondda Cynon Taf, Wales, and within the ancient parish of Llanwonno.
With a mixture of mid terraces and substantial Victorian housing built originally to house the gentry and whitecollar workers of Pontypridd.
Pontypridd town centre benefits from a varied shopping centre and a mainline railway station. Cardiff has good links and to the M4 motorway via the A470 which is within a short driving distance.
The Taff Trail passes through Pontypridd and it's possible to cycle to Cardiff in the south and to Merthyr in the north.
Enter via a upvc door, windows to the front and side, fitted carpet.
Enter into the main entrance hall via its original panel front door with stainless glass panel and matching window over, beautifully inlaid and original Terrazzo tiled floor, stairs rise to the first floor with access down to the basement cellar, coving to the ceiling and original arched corbels.
Dining Room 18' 11" into bay x 13' 9" max ( 5.77m into bay x 4.19m max )
Large formal dining room - elegantly furnished, with a large and original paneled bay window to the front, exposed natural pine floorboards, Adam style fireplace with marble back & hearth, picture rail plus coving and original rose to the ceiling.
Sitting Room 18' 6" into bay x 13' 9" max ( 5.64m into bay x 4.19m max )
Spacious living room, bay window to the front, engineered wooden flooring, TV point, Adams style fireplace with marble back & hearth, TV point, picture rail, coving with rose to the ceiling.
Kitchen 13' 7" x 11' 6" ( 4.14m x 3.51m )
Extensively fitted with a range of cream wall and base units with solid granite worktops including wrap-around breakfast bar, includes an undermounted one and half bowl sink & drainer with mixer tap and tiled splash backs, features include under lighting plus integrated dishwasher, fridge & freezer plus 'Stoves' built in double oven, gas hob and cooker hood, windows to side and rear, ceramic tiled floor, to one corner a useful 8' shelved pantry with light.
Another useful area - connecting door leads into the inner hall, space for coats to the side, engineered wooden floor.
Access to all remaining rooms and upvc door to the rear courtyard, engineered wooden flooring, telephone point, 2 windows to rear, access to small loft area.
Fitted with a 'Heritage' three piece suite comprising a tiled corner shower cubicle - independent shower, pedestal wash hand basin and close coupled wc, half height tiled surround and tiled floor, window to rear, coving to the ceiling.
Drawing Room 20' 6" max x 15' 7" max ( 6.25m max x 4.75m max )
Beautifully proportioned and elegant main living room with 10' high ceiling, exposed and original Herringbone wood block flooring, coving plus original rose and picture rail, TV point, 2 windows to the front and door onto the front terrace, inset cast iron multi fuel stove with elegant surround, telephone point.
Laundry Room 10' 11" x 8' 7" max ( 3.33m x 2.62m max )
With fitted base units and round edge worktops plus inset stainless steel sink & drainer with mixer tap and tiled splash backs, plumbed for washing machine with space for tumble drier and fridge/freezer, door to inner side courtyard and front garden.
First Floor Landing
Access to all rooms with a door concealing a staircase ascending to the 2 roomed loft with light and power plus small window, fitted carpet, coving to the ceiling.
Bedroom 1 19' 9" max x 15' 1" ( 6.02m max x 4.60m )
Impressively large master double bedroom, 2 windows to front offering a commanding view over the garden and mountains beyond, fitted carpet, 3 built in double wardrobes with cupboards over, TV point, original coving to the ceiling, access to loft space.
Bedroom 2 14' 10" x 10' 10" max ( 4.52m x 3.30m max )
Double bedroom, 2 windows to front with pleasant outlook, fitted carpet, original coving to the ceiling, built in double wardrobe with cupboard over and separate built in double wardrobe with built in 4 drawers below and cupboard over.
Bedroom 3 14' 10" x 10' 10" ( 4.52m x 3.30m )
Double bedroom, 2 windows to front with pleasant outlook, fitted carpet, original coving to the ceiling, 2 built in double shelved cupboards.
Bedroom 4 10' 3" x 7' 5" ( 3.12m x 2.26m )
Single bedroom, 2 windows to front with pleasant outlook, fitted carpet, original coving to the ceiling.
Bedroom 5 10' 5" x 6' 9" ( 3.17m x 2.06m )
Currently used a home office, 2 windows to side and rear, fitted work desk to the side, fitted carpet, coving to the ceiling.
Family Bathroom 13' 11" x 9' 11" ( 4.24m x 3.02m )
Large room and fully tiled, fitted with a four piece suite comprising a panel bath, pedestal wash hand basin, corner shower cubicle - over head shower plus shower attachment and close coupled wc, heated chrome towel rail, window to side, 7 recessed ceiling spot lights, Amtico flooring.
Private and large front garden with pleasant backdrop overlooking the adjacent mountains, full width paved terrace with steps down to the central and well manicured lawn, established shrub borders & display including a magnificent Magnolia tree, exterior lighting throughout the garden, wooden garden shed (10' X 6') with light, outside water supply, exterior Victorian carriage light.
To the side a drive allowing off road parking with wrought iron gates. the rear garden enclosed by stone boundary wall with wrought iron gate, exterior lighting, outbuilding attached and housing the free standing boiler, brick paved, outside water supply, twin carriage lights and exterior security light.
Garage 16' x 11' 1" ( 4.88m x 3.38m )
Former 2 storey coach house/stable, now used as a garage with remote control electric roller door, light, 2 windows to side and door into the courtyard, hatch to the first floor loft area with front facing door.
1. MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. The measurements indicated are supplied for guidance only and as such must be considered incorrect.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
5. THESE PARTICULARS ARE ISSUED IN GOOD FAITH BUT DO NOT CONSTITUTE REPRESENTATIONS OF FACT OR FORM PART OF ANY OFFER OR CONTRACT. THE MATTERS REFERRED TO IN THESE PARTICULARS SHOULD BE INDEPENDENTLY VERIFIED BY PROSPECTIVE BUYERS OR TENANTS. NEITHER PETER ALAN NOR ANY OF ITS EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS HAS ANY AUTHORITY TO MAKE OR GIVE ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY WHATEVER IN RELATION TO THIS PROPERTY.
BrochuresPDF Property ParticularsFull Details
Energy Performance CertificatesEPC
Tyfica Road, Graigwen, Pontypridd
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Pontypridd Station0.3 miles
- Trefforest Station1.2 miles
- Trehafod Station1.6 miles
About the agent
We’re passionate about property and the customers that we work for which is why after over 50 years in business we are proud to be a company that still provides service with a personal touch. All of our friendly staff are local experts, specialists at selling properties in your area.
As one of the largest estate agents in Wales we have extensive local coverage, with 29 branches and an average of 111 thousand visits to our website each month, we can get your property seen by a huge numbe
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference PPD303146. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Peter Alan, Pontypridd. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.