Lechlade, Gloucestershire, GL7 3AD
- Access to M4 and further links to London
- Period charm and character
- Large Kitchen/Living/Dining Room
- Generous South Facing Garden
- Heart of this Cotswold Market Town
- Historic Building
- No onward chain and ready to move into
- Excellent schools within striking distance
- Gated off-road parking
A half staircase rises to the Rear Hall where the Cellar, Laundry Room and Cloakroom are located. The rear wing of the property, once a barn, has been converted into a 40' open plan Kitchen/Living/Dining space with stone flagged floors and underfloor heating. The casual snug with fireplace and wood burner, goes through to a bespoke fitted Kitchen with AGA, and on to a light and airy Dining space with double French doors, that lead out onto the south facing eating area and beautiful garden.
A returning staircase gives access to the large Master Bedroom Suite, comprising of a Dressing area, Juliet Balcony, a galleried Landing and substantial Bathroom with his and hers sinks, bath and separate shower.
In the main house, the first floor has three bedrooms: a comfortable Guest Bedroom with double sash windows, En-suite Bathroom, and fitted wardrobes. A large Bedroom with a sash window and Georgian fitted wardrobe with side drawers, and a second large Guest Room, offering dual aspect sash windows and fireplace. This has a walk-through fitted wardrobe that opens into a beautiful 'Jack and Jill' Bathroom with a Victorian fireplace, Roll top Bath, his and her sinks and a separate shower.
The second floor has two good sized Attic Bedrooms with vaulted ceilings, exposed beams, fitted cupboards, and a Shower Room.
Outside an historic stone ramp leads from Bell Lane to the rear side gate that leads into a pretty secluded garden area, complete with ponds and a Victorian pump. The gardens open into a sweeping formal lawn bordered by a tall hedge and attractive brick wall, with vegetable patches and inset established ornamental shrubs and trees. Stone steps lead down to a large sunken driveway with storage sheds and double gates from Bell Lane.
Lechlade, Gloucestershire, GL7 3AD
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Swindon Station9.6 miles
About the agent
A COMPANY OF INTEGRITY AND EXPERIENCE
Established in 1997 by the Directors, John Evans & Ian Kenworthy. Samuel Miles Limited is an independent estate agency specialising in the selling and letting of all types of property in and around the Wiltshire,Gloucestershire & Oxfordshire borders. After many years working in the corporate world of estate agency we felt we wanted to work for ourselves and established our first office in Highworth. Due to the success that quickly followed, we soon
Stamp Duty calculator
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference maple. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Samuel Miles, Highworth. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Highest average speed available at this postcode based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speeds can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to a property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. The information is provided and maintained by Stickee Technology Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.