Chinnor Road, Thame
- A classic five bedroom Victorian townhouse
- Elegant proportions throughout
- Highly sought after location within a short walk of the town centre
- Three generous reception rooms
- Established rear garden
- Vehicular access to the rear offering a convenient 'drop-off' area
- Within catchment of the reputable John Hampden school
- London Marylebone in just 37 minutes
accommodation extending to 2,304 sq.ft.
Originally constructed during the mid 19th century, forming an imposing combination of just two substantial properties, this is a striking period house offering exceptional proportions and ideally located within a short walk of the historic and picturesque town centre. With an impressive 2,304 sq ft of accommodation arranged over three floors, it provides a home of considerable style and character, with antique Victorian fireplaces, sash windows and high ceilings.
The ground floor of the main house comprises; a delightful entrance hall, a bay fronted sitting room flooded with natural light and enjoying an original open fireplace, a further family room with an original fireplace. A formal dining room has external access and extends directly into the kitchen/breakfast room, providing potential to open up and create a stylish modern kitchen/dining/family room. The kitchen/breakfast room is fitted with a range of shaker style cupboard and drawer units with a solid wood work surface extending into a peninsular for a breakfast bar. Fitted appliances include a range style cooker with extractor hood and a dishwasher. To the rear of the kitchen is a utility room with further access to the garden.
Three bedrooms and two bathrooms are located to the first floor including a master bedroom extending to 18' and two further double bedrooms extending on the second floor.
Outside, a mature garden is located to the rear of the property, extending to approximately 40' in length and laid predominately to lawn with a mixture of mature plants and trees. The garden is completely enclosed and offers a generous terrace ideal for entertaining. An outbuilding offers excellent storage and gated access is available to a private road at the rear. Vehicular access is available to the rear of the property providing a suitable area for unloading and potential to create off street parking in the rear garden.
This fabulous home offers a unique opportunity to acquire a substantial period property within the town, ideally positioned for access to John Hampden Primary School, the town centre and the M40 for London. Haddenham & Thame Parkway provides an unrivalled service to London Marylebone in just 37 minutes.
BrochuresProperty BrochureFull Details
Chinnor Road, Thame
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Haddenham & Thame Parkway Station2.3 miles
About the agent
Hamnett Hayward offers the complete professional service for high quality residential property in both Buckinghamshire & Oxfordshire.
Specialising in all aspects of residential agency sales, our
independent offices promote a bespoke service across the
property spectrum combining modern techniques with
traditional values and expertise.
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference 8286978. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Hamnett Hayward, Thame. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.