Haxby, York, North Yorkshire
- Attractive period farmhouse offering immaculately presented accommodation extending to 4 bedrooms
- Excellent range of adjoining workshops garage and office space
- Further range of mixed agricultural and commercial buildings including workshop and storage space
- In all extending to 4.85 acres offering further leisure and commercial development
- Well positioned within close proximity to Haxby Strensall and York
- Set in mature south facing garden
Yew Tree Farm is an excellently situated, residential smallholding located within open countryside yet only 6 miles distant from York City Centre and within close proximity to the villages of Haxby and Strensall.
The sale represents a rare opportunity to purchase an attractive property, set in 4.85 acres and offering commercial and leisure opportunities with former agricultural, workshop and commercial buildings providing potential for conversation and further development. The property has previously been operated as an agricultural holding with concrete bases to the former fbuildings positioned to the north east of the farmhouse and more recently the commercial buildings have been formally let.
The living accommodation is situated within an elegant, rendered farmhouse and extends to 4 bedrooms. The property offers immaculately presented accommodation and in basic summary the ground floor comprises Dining Room, Living Room, Snug, Kitchen Diner, Pantry, Utility and Cloakroom. To the first floor there are four good-sized bedrooms together with family bathroom.
The property is inter-connected to a superb range of office, garage, workshop and storage space as well as benefiting from separate triple garage and further office accommodation. The facilities extend to single garage, two office/store rooms, utility and large, open workshop. A former weighbridge and former agricultural building also sit to the west of the farmhouse with separate, road access to these.
The property benefits from a range of commercial buildings providing approximately 2,300ft2 of accommodation and formally let generating an income of £7,800 per annum. The commercial units comprise a mix of workshop and storage space together with associated office facilities. There is a further open fronted barn as well as concrete bases to the former pig buildings.
In all the property is situated in around 4.85 acres comprising hardstanding yard and areas of grass and benefits from three separate accesses.
The property is located in a rural position in open countryside accessed off Cross Moor Lane, between the villages of Haxby and Strensall.
Strensall is within 2 miles which provides a wide range of services, including primary school, shops, post office, public houses, a bakery and hairdressers.
Monks Cross and Clifton Moor out of town shopping centres are both situated within around 3 miles and offer a wide range of retail shops and national food outlets/restaurants.
A wider range of amenities area available in the attractive historic City of York, which is approximately 6 miles to the South. The City provides many historic attractions such as the old city walls and York Minster, there is also an excellent range of high-quality services and amenities including a mainline train station providing links to London and Edinburgh within 2 hours.
FOR SALE BY PRIVATE TREATY AS A WHOLE
OFFERS IN EXCESS OF
Haxby, York, North Yorkshire
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Poppleton Station5.0 miles
About the agent
Well-respected and known throughout the region, Cundalls were established in 1860 and offer a comprehensive professional service in all aspects of property and estate management.
The company combines the benefits of vast local knowledge and strong rural links, with the utilisation of modern working practices and communication methods to provide a broad range of services to clients.
Specialist residential, agricultural, fine art and furniture departments provide locally based servi
Stamp Duty calculator
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference YewTreeFarm. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Cundalls, Malton. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.