The Alamo, 46 Gray Street, Glasgow, G3
- Occupying the ground and lower ground of a double fronted sandstone building
- Thought to date from 1880 and bears trademarks of the Victorian era
- On the edge of Kelvingrove Park
- Currently used as a successful boutique guest house
- Exceptional design and high level finish throughout
- Generously sized reception area and 10 bedrooms (seven en suite)
- Private wall moated garden to the front and shared rear garden
The Alamo occupies the ground and lower ground floor of a double fronted sandstone building on the edge of Kelvingrove Park and Finnieston. The property, dating from 1880, is striking in appearance and bears all the trademarks of the Victorian era, while the interior displays exceptional design flair and attention to detail thanks to the current owners, and it is perhaps this level of finish that impresses most.
The reception areas are all generous in size and bright, due to the remarkable height of the windows and ceilings, and have been subject to bespoke hand painting, picking out the delicate decorative patterns in both the ceiling plasterwork as well as the period cornicing. The ten bedrooms and ten bathrooms (seven en suite) throughout the property are all individually thought out, yet well balanced and complementary of each other. Details such as the lighting around the bath, stone basins and beautiful freestanding copper baths are just some of the highlights to look out for. The thought and sensitivity behind the design is evident right down to the choice of taps, radiators, curtain fabrics and light fittings
While the property is currently used as a successful boutique guest house with excellent reviews and commercial promise the property would equally make a superb family home. Well balanced over two floors with some of the most elaborate decoration combined with wooden floors and period fireplaces, the property could be easily adapted to create a comfortable and characterful private home.
Private wall moated garden, wrapping around the entire front West and South facing aspects. To the rear of the property is a shared garden which comprises an area of patio with planted borders on either side, an area of lawn and a perimeter stone wall with natural sandstone finish.
The Alamo is located within the highly desirable West End of Glasgow and on the edge of the iconic Kelvingrove Park. Situated close to the vibrant area of Finnieston with its numerous bars and restaurants as well as being quite literally on the edge of Kelvingrove Park, the property is well positioned for capitalising commercially as well as forming the basis for a superb family home.
Other nearby attractions include Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum (one of Scotland's most popular visitor attractions), the University of Glasgow and the SSE Hydro arena.
Square Footage: 4,772 sq ft
From the M8, leave at Junction 25 taking the Clyde Tunnel North. On exiting the tunnel follow the A814 heading east towards Kelvingrove and Finnieston. Shortly after the exhibition centre railway station turn left onto Finnieston Street before turning left onto Argyle Street. Continue heading west before taking the third turning on the right onto Gray Street. Cross over Sauchiehall Street and The Alamo can be found directly opposite the tennis courts on the right hand side.
The Alamo, 46 Gray Street, Glasgow, G3
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Exhibition Centre Station0.4 miles
- Charing Cross (Glasgow) Station0.5 miles
- Kelvinbridge Station0.6 miles
About the agent
Leading Property Consultants
Expansive Property Website
Over 100 UK Offices
Over 30 London Offices
Leaders in Research
Mortgages & Finance services
Founded in 1855, Savills is a leading global estate agency with over 130 locations around the UK including 37 offices in London.
Whether buying, selling, letting or renting a property, our experienced estate agents take the time to understand your property needs and guide you through every step
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference GLS200184. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Savills, Glasgow. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.