Shaftgate Avenue, Shepton Mallet
- An extended mid-terrace home in a popular residential area
- Well-presented accommodation
- Three bedrooms and family bathroom
- Generous sitting room to the front
- Kitchen/dining room open to additional family room at the rear
- Enclosed garden to the rear with patio seating area
- Off-road parking behind the house
- Gas-fired central heating
- Viewings highly recommended
A door to the front of the property opens into an entrance porch, with an inner door then leading through to the sitting room. A generous size reception room, the sitting room has a double glazed window to the front and incorporates the staircase to the first floor living space. From here, there is access into a kitchen/dining room, fitted with a range of matching floor and wall units with space for freestanding white goods. The kitchen includes an integrated electric oven, a gas hob, an under-stairs cupboard and can comfortably accommodate a dining table and chairs. The kitchen is then open to an additional family room which has space for further seating, a skylight window and double glazed sliding doors to the rear allowing in plenty of natural light. On the first floor, there are three bedrooms (two doubles and a single) plus a family bathroom fitted with a white suite, a shower above the bath and a heated towel rail.
OUTSIDE A shared pathway from Shaftgate Avenue leads to the property, which has an area of garden to the front laid to lawn. At the rear of the house, there is a landscaped garden which is enclosed by fencing and includes a patio seating area with further section of lawn and stone chippings. Gated access at the back continues out to a covered off-road parking space with small area of ground beside.
LOCATION The historic market town of Shepton Mallet is located in the Mendip district of Somerset, five miles east of Wells, England's smallest city. Both the City of Bristol and the picturesque City of Bath, a World Heritage Site, are located just 18 miles away and easily accessible. Shepton Mallet itself offers a range of local amenities and shopping facilities including a large supermarket, leisure centre, lido with fitness centre, a choice of pubs and restaurants, dentists and doctors and a Grade I Listed church. Shepton Mallet is also home to Kilver Court, a superb designer clothing outlet. As well as good state schools, both primary and secondary, there are also many highly-regarded independent schools (Prep & Senior) within easy reach, such as All Hallows Prep School, Downside School, Wells Cathedral School and Millfield School. For those travelling by train, Castle Cary station (which has direct services to London Paddington) is situated only six miles away.
DIRECTIONS From our office on High Street, proceed along Commercial Road to the mini-roundabout and continue straight across. Take the next turning on the left into Shaftgate Avenue and the property can be found further along on the right hand side, just past the turning to Coombe View.
Shaftgate Avenue, Shepton Mallet
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Castle Cary Station6.6 miles
About the agent
For over 100 years Cooper and Tanner have been well recognised in the West Country as the landed property professionals and auctioneers. We operate eleven offices in Somerset and Wiltshire, providing professional estate agency and surveying services to the residential, agricultural and commercial property sectors. We sell property by private treaty and by auction, we also run successful sale rooms where we specialise in antiques and vintage items. Our outside sales deal with tools, equipment
Stamp Duty calculator
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference 101148029998. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Cooper & Tanner, Shepton Mallet. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the average speed from the provider with the fastest broadband package available on comparethemarket.com at this postcode. The average speed displayed is based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm). Fibre/cable services at the postcode are subject to availability and may differ between properties within a postcode. Speeds can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed at the property may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed and confirm availability to a property prior to purchasing on the broadband provider's website. Providers may increase charges. The information is provided and maintained by Stickee Technology Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.