South Bar Street, Banbury
- Beautifully presented two bed apartment
- Converted Grade II Listed building
- Converted in 2018
- 1 of 6 apartments within building
- Town centre location
- Walking distance to railway station
- Stunning character features
- Open plan light and airy layout
- Allocated parking
- Two double bedrooms
Banbury Cross 0.2 miles
Banbury railway station 0.8 Miles
Junction 11 (M40 motorway) 2.5 miles
Oxford 21 miles
Stratford upon Avon 19 miles
Leamington Spa 18 miles
Banbury to London Marylebone by rail approx 55 mins
Banbury to Birmingham by rail approx 50 mins
Banbury to Oxford by rail approx 17 mins
Directions - Entrance into the building is gained at the rear of the property and is best approached by turning into West Bar Street. Upon entering West Bar Street, after a short distance on the left hand side is a turning before the Veterinary Practice and Driving Test Centre alongside car parking for Spratt Endicott Solicitors. Continue straight ahead, passing the car park on the left, until reaching a set of double wooden gates on the left. Allocated parking is numbered through these gates.
Situation - BANBURY is conveniently located only two miles from Junction 11 of the M40, putting Oxford (23 miles), Birmingham (43 miles), London (78 miles) and of course the rest of the motorway network within easy reach. There are regular trains from Banbury to London Marylebone (55 mins) and Birmingham Snow Hill (55 mins). Birmingham International airport is 42 miles away for UK, European and New York flights. Some very attractive countryside surrounds and many places of historical interest are within easy reach.
The Property - FLAT 4, 48 SOUTH BAR STREET is an impressive two bedroom apartment that forms part of a 2018 renovation of a Grade II Listed building. The renovation was tastefully finished, retaining as many original features as possible, including period decor and high ceilings. The apartment itself is immaculately presented, very light and airy, and finished to a superb level with quality throughout. Though a Grade II Listed building, the apartment is modern in design with there being a large open plan family dining/kitchen area being the hub of the accommodation. There are two double bedrooms, family bathroom and external communal area as well as communal parking. Those requiring access to the town centre and railway station will be hard pushed to find a better property for those needs.
A floorplan has been prepared to show the dimensions and layout of the property as detailed below. Some of the main features are as follows:
* A renovated Grade II Listed building.
* Immaculately presented two bedroom apartment.
* Walking distance to town centre and railway station.
* Communal entrance hall with private mailbox for each apartment.
* Entrance lobby with small staircase rising to the left to the front door.
* Entrance into the large open plan family area with kitchen/dining space and lounge. There is a wall mounted radiator, oak flooring, wall mounted video secure entry system, LED spotlights, window to side.
* The main open plan hub has ample space for dining furniture, storage, lounge furniture, open to the kitchen.
* Modern shaker style kitchen with a range of base and eye level units with attractive wooden worktops over and cupboards and soft close drawers under, brushed chrome effect handles, integrated appliances, electric oven with four ring induction hob and extractor hood over, subway tiled splashbacks, one and a half bowl sink unit with mixer tap over and drainer, this area i open plan to the rest of the sitting room/dining area with spotlights.
* There is a corridor with the oak flooring continued with high ceiling that is pitched with two velux windows and door to the bathroom and two bedrooms.
* Bathroom having stone tiled flooring, vanity wash basin, decorative Victorian style wall panelling, WC, large free standing bath with mixer tap over, chrome heated towel rail, LED spotlights, corner shower cubicle with subway tiled splashbacks and dual headed shower, wall mounted boiler and plumbing for washing machine.
* Bedroom one is a good sized double that is dual aspect, plenty of light flowing into the room, LED spotlights, double glazed windows to rear.
* Bedroom two is also a double with double glazed window, currently housing a super Kingsize bed and triple wardrobe, showcasing its space and flexibility.
* Externally to the rear of the property there is a communal garden with patio area, decorative gravelled area, raised borders and small Astroturf area.
* Communal resident car park with one allocated numbered parking space.
Tenure - The property is held on a 125 year lease which commenced in 2018. Service charge £1000 per annum. Ground rent £250 per annum.
Services - All mains services connected. Boiler can be found in the bathroom.
Local Authority - Cherwell District Council. Council tax band B.
Viewing - Strictly by prior arrangement with the Sole Agents Anker & Partners.
Agent's Note - All room dimensions show maximum approximate measurements unless stated to the contrary. Facts provided by the vendors of this property are not a warranty. Room sizes are approximate and rounded and should not be relied upon for carpets and furnishings. Any purchaser is advised to seek professional or specialist advice. The description herein is not designed to mislead, please feel free to speak with us regarding any aspect unclear before viewing.
Survey & Valuation - Should you decide to purchase elsewhere in the Banbury area (via another Estate Agent) do please bear in mind that our Partner Robert Moore is a Chartered Surveyor and he is able to undertake Building Surveys, Home Buyer Reports and Valuations for all purposes. Discounted fee terms are available when simultaneous mortgage valuation work is carried out.
Epc - A copy of the full Energy Performance Certificate is available on request.
Referral Fees - Anker and Partners earn supplementary income from various sources relating to the provision, referral and introduction of services and products to our clients and customers. This may be in the form of a fixed fee or a percentage of a premium, fee or invoice. This is not done in all cases and use of these providers/suppliers is not mandatory. Clients are entirely free to choose their own products, services and providers. We declare this intention within our Terms of Business and by signing these documents our clients and customers confirm their agreement to us doing so.
You may download, store and use the material for your own personal use and research. You may not republish, retransmit, redistribute or otherwise make the material available to any party or make the same available on any website, online service or bulletin board of your own or of any other party or make the same available in hard copy or in any other media without the website owner's express prior written consent. The website owner's copyright must remain on all reproductions of material taken from this website.
Energy Performance CertificatesEPC 1EPC 2EPC 3
South Bar Street, Banbury
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Banbury Station0.5 miles
- Kings Sutton Station3.6 miles
About the agent
A reputation built on trust and experience
Always Selling and Letting
Established in 1984, Anker and Partners are the longest running independent firm of Estate Agents, Letting Agents and Chartered Surveyors in Banbury.
We offer a committed approach to selling and letting property and pride ourselves on our quality of service, dealing with everything from studio apartments to country homes.
- Over 30 years of
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference 30185836. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Anker & Partners, Banbury. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.