Hall Road, Outwell
- CONTACT BROWN&CO TO VIEW
- Fascinating and rare opportunity for large individual property and private grounds
- Total plot in region of 3.3 acres, subject to survey of private landscaped gardens and woodland
- Opportunity for refurbishment
- Rural location with farmland to three sides, yet near to market town
- Many interesting features in garden
- Main house a large detached property of approx 272m2/2950 sqft
- Off road parking, large crewyard, secluded grounds
- Viewing absolutely essential to appreciate
- Mainline station to Ely, Cambridge and London approx 9 miles
The house is fascinating to view, having been built by the owners who created a fine, luxury home and beautiful ornate garden setting with many different and surprising aspects. The house is generous in size being approximately 2950sqft/275m2 in size and has been designed around a number of spacious living areas and generous bedrooms. Briefly, the accommodation offers reception hallway, sitting room, dining room/family room, dining room, kitchen breakfast room, wc and utility room to the ground floor. Upstairs there is a large landing with study area, three very large double bedrooms, an en-suite facility and family bathroom. There is also a double garage but this has been partially converted into a gym at the moment.
Outside the property is both interesting and substantial. The grounds were formally laid out by the owners, who were extremely keen gardeners, where they set out the foundation of their dream, many parts of this once magnificent garden now need some love and attention however there is no doubt that what they owners created can be clearly seen still. Notably the construction of oak framed miniature cottage for potting, Italianate garden with beautiful ochre rendered and washed walls and Tuscan inspired folly. The areas are planted with cypress trees and palms and they cultivated further plants in poly tunnels one of which remains today. The formal garden with hundreds of lavender plants and some notable wine grapes is still delightful today. Beyond the immediate gardens is the wood which extends to the rear which can be enjoyed with a number of walks, many more trees have since self-seeded and the area offers a great deal of seclusion and escape from the busy world.
The position of the house is excellent, Outwell's connections are very good yet the village offers a relaxed pace of life close to the larger market town of Wisbech. Impressive Georgian riverside properties can be found both in the village and those who have not visited Wisbech riverside are advised to do so. The river that runs through the village gives the whole area a delightful feel. The house and grounds present a superb opportunity for refurbishment into what could easily be one of the finest homes in the area.
A measured plan will be produced by the agent if required at the time of sale.
A small section of screened, consecrated ground exists in the rear garden. Further information by request from the agent.
Hall Road, Outwell
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Downham Market Station5.6 miles
About the agent
Brown & Co is a broad based independent firm of property practitioners, successfully combining traditional values of client care and communication with the latest technological advances within the residential agency world. We are at the forefront of agency in the towns and cities in which we operate within the East Midlands and East Anglia, also benefiting from national coverage via the London Office at St James's Place and even overseas offices. Whether buying or selling we offer a full ra
Stamp Duty calculator
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference 100005024049. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Brown & Co, King's Lynn. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Highest average speed available at this postcode based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speeds can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to a property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. The information is provided and maintained by Stickee Technology Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.