4 bedroom cottage for saleSidbury, Nr Sidmouth
- Grade II listed period property with immense character
- Secluded location with far reaching country views
- Sympathetically refurbished, presented in superb order throughout
- 3 bedrooms & 2 bathrooms in main house
- Detached,well presented studio/annexe with views
- Sitting room, dining room, study, snug, kitchen & utility
- Extensive collection of stables, garaging and outbuildings
- 3 Paddocks, in all approx 17 acres (7.03 hectares)
- Outstanding landscaped gardensand woodland
- Located in the Sid Valley within 4 miles of Sidmouth
INTRODUCTION: This wonderful Grade II listed detached cottage stands in a very private setting with delightful gardens and outstanding views.
Hatway Cottage is presented in excellent order creating a well appointed comfortable home providing good size living space in the main house with further guest accommodation in the studio / annexe.
The property is also notable for having an excellent range of outbuildings to include games / party room with deck overlooking the gardens and valley, large storage barn with four stables, further general building with internal stables and stores and garaging for four vehicles. There are also four excellent paddocks totalling approximately 12 acres, this bringing the total land to approximately 17 acres.
DESCRIPTION: Having been carefully improved and renovated both internally and externally by the current owners Hatway Cottage is presented in immaculate order throughout. There are a wealth of period features throughout the house to include exposed beams and open inglenook fireplaces.
From the spacious entrance hall, doors lead to the utility room, snug and dining room. From the utility, a doors leads to the farmhouse style kitchen with doors leading to the fabulous size sitting room with French doors opening onto the garden.
Worthy of special mention is the detached studio or annexe offering additional guest accommodation or equally can be used as an office or useful study.
On the first floor are three bedrooms. The master bedroom suite is wonderful, large and bright and has a good size dressing area and a lovely en-suite bathroom.
Outside are a combination of wonderful cottage gardens opening onto open lawn and grass areas surrounded by mature wooded areas and wild flower strewn banks throughout the Spring and Summer months. The whole property extends to approximately 17 acres which is made up of 12 acres of good well fenced paddocks and the remaining 5 acres being garden, grounds and woods.
SITUATION: Hatway Cottage is quietly situated in an area of outstanding natural beauty on the eastern slopes of the Sid Valley. The picturesque village of Sidbury has a church, a village inn, primary school, village store, restaurant and art gallery and is about a mile away. The coastal resort of Sidmouth is approximately four miles away and has an excellent shopping centre and first class general amenities. It has a wonderful beach and is a popular and unspoilt coastal town with a wide range of clubs and societies as well as some useful sporting facilities including an 18 hole golf course and cricket ground.
The market town and regional antique centre of Honiton is about 6 miles away and there is a direct rail link from Honiton to Waterloo in about 2 hours 45 minutes.
The thriving university and cathedral city of Exeter is about 16 miles away with excellent communications including regular air services to UK and international destinations from the airport, intercity rail services (fast trains London to Paddington 2 hours) and the M5 motorway linking with the national motorway network.
There are wonderful opportunities for recreation in the area with sailing from Beer and Seaton and golf courses at Woodbury, Seaton, Honiton and Sidmouth.
There are many good schools in the area to include one of the leading state schools in the country Colyton Grammar at Colyton as well as the Maynards and Exeter School in Exeter. At Tiverton is Blundells school as well as a good range of schools in Taunton.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-20828031.html?premiumA=true
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 100283000792. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Fine & Country, Exeter. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.