4 bedroom house for saleGoring-on-Thames, Oxfordshire
- 4 bedrooms
- 3 reception rooms
- 4 bathrooms
- Detached double garage
- 400 ft River Thames frontage
Bird Place is situated along the banks of the River Thames on the edge of the village of Goring-on-Thames in a designated Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. The village provides a post office and local shops including banks, a butcher, baker and grocer, together with pubs and restaurants including the renowned Leatherne Bottle which is within a short walk or boat journey. More extensive facilities can be found in the market town of Wallingford and in Reading. Goring and Streatley station has a mainline train service to London Paddington via Reading (from 51 mins) and to Oxford (from 26 mins). Central London (52 miles), the M4, M25 and Heathrow are easily accessible via the M4 (j12) approximately 11 miles distant. Educational facilities are excellent within the area and include Cranford House Girls' School and Moulsford Prep and Bradfield and Pangbourne Colleges nearby. Local recreations include golf at The Springs and Goring & Streatley Golf Club, boating on the River Thames, and racing at Newbury, Ascot and Windsor. From the property, steep stone steps lead up to the bridle path and access the Ridgeway footpath providing miles of walking and riding.
Originally built in 1937, Bird Place has recently undergone complete refurbishment and has been transformed by its current owners into a stylish, contemporary home which takes full advantage of its outstanding river setting. It is built of Cotswold stone and has a Delabole Cornish slate roof. The largely open plan ground floor accommodation and the extensive use of natural materials including oak, limestone and Cornish slate together with folding fully glazed doors to the principal rooms have created a light and airy space which takes full advantage of the magnificent views over the river and surrounding countryside. The property has a Lutron programmable lighting system, Linn Knekt multi room audio system, Cat 5 wiring and under floor heating throughout. Other features include:
- Spacious, open plan drawing room and dining room with limestone floor edged with slate, open feature display shelving, folding glazed doors open on to a timber decked balcony edged with frameless glass panels which runs around the south and west of the property
- Kitchen/breakfast room fitted with oak floor units, oak dress unit, granite work surfaces, Westahl gas range cooker with extractor above, island unit, full width folding doors to balcony, built in oak dining table, utility area with built in dishwasher, Liebherr fridge/freezer, larder
- Double aspect family room with full width glazed folding doors to balcony, equipped with a 5.1 channel home cinema, 5 speakers in the ceiling and a wallplate for connecting a subwoofer
- Master bedroom with full width glazed folding doors to a stone terrace overlooking the river, walk-in wardrobe with hanging and shelved wardrobe and dressing table, en suite bathroom with free standing oval bath, large shower, twin basins and WC
- 3 further double bedrooms to the first floor all with en-suite bathrooms (one with a walk-in shower), built-in hanging space and two with balconies
- First floor laundry with built in shelving and space for washing machine and dryer.
Bird Place is approached from the Ridgeway bridleway via custom made steel electric gates opening to a driveway which leads down to a large parking area to the side of the house. A double garage with studio over and lawned garden area are situated across the lane opposite the drive.
The wide, timber decked balcony provides the perfect space to enjoy the magnificent views and steps lead down to the riverside gardens which are laid mainly to lawn with terraced gardens set in the bank and planted with a range of mature shrubs and perennial plants. There are many mature trees in the grounds including horse chestnut, silver birch and flowering cherry which provide privacy and a stunning backdrop for this lovely setting with its south and westerly aspect. The river frontage of approximately 400 feet has a slipway and mooring and this particular stretch of the Thames can be enjoyed without locks between Cleeve and Benson some 6.5 miles distant.
From Goring High Street turn into Cleeve Road which runs parallel to the village green. Continue straight across at the junction with Glebe Ride for approximately half a mile towards Cleeve Mill. At the sharp right hand bend take the unmade road signposted Ridgeway Path and Bird Place is the last driveway on the left-hand side.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-26074334.html
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 250271. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Savills, Henley-On-Thames. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.