3 bedroom semi-detached villa for saleThe Anchorage, Glasgow Road, Sanquhar, DG4
- Gas Fired Central Heating
- Partial Double Glazing
SUBSTANTIAL SAND STONE SEMI DETACHED VILLA SET IN THE ROYAL BURGH OF SANQUHAR WITH OPEN ASPECT TO THE FRONT YET CLOSE TO ALL LOCAL FACILITIES.
SANQUHAR OCCUPIES A GOOD CENTRAL LOCATION IN THE SOUTH WEST OF SCOTLAND. THE COUNTY TOWNS OF AYR AND DUMFRIES ARE APPROXIMATELY 30 MILES AWAY AND GLASGOW AND EDINBURGH CAN BE REACHED IN ABOUT AN HOUR BY ROAD. SANQUHAR RAILWAY IS ON THE GLASGOW/CARLISLE LINE WITH A CHANGE AT CARLISLE FOR LONDON. THE TOWN LIES ON THE ROUTE OF THE SOUTHERN UPLAND WAY.
SANQUHAR HAS A PRIMARY AND SECONDARY SCHOOL, A WIDE SELECTION OF SHOPS, A LIBRARY, A NEW HEALTH CENTRE, A PHARMACY, TWO BANKS, A POST OFFICE, A SWIMMING POOL AND A 9 HOLE GOLF COURSE. THE AREA IS WELL KNOWN FOR ITS SALMON FISHING ON THE RIVER NITH AND TRIBUTARIES.
THE ACCOMMODATION COMPRISES OF:-
Entrance vestibule and glazed door to the hallway which has a double central heating radiator. Laminate flooring. Cupboard underneath the stairs. Large open stairwell lit by coloured glass ceiling window.
19’ 2”” X 17’ 6”
Large well proportioned room with beautiful bay window to the front offering views across the valley with fitted window seat. Feature wooden fireplace with raised mantel and surround. Shelved alcove. Double glazed window to the front. Two double central heating radiators. Fitted carpet. 4 x 13 amp power points.
14’ X 12’ 5”
Double glazed window to the side. Double central heating radiator. Shelved alcove. Telephone point. 4 x 13 amp power points. Laminate flooring.
13’ 11” X 12’ 10”
Double glazed windows to two sides. 5 x 13 amp power points. Fitted carpet. Double central heating radiator. Large walk-in storage cupboard which also has shelved area and which houses the central heating boiler.
12’ 2” X 10’ 11”
Tiled flooring. Double central heating radiator. Double glazed patio doors. Windows to the rear and side. 2 x 13 amp power points.
11’ X 9’ 9”
Fully fitted kitchen with work tops, base units and wall cupboards. Double central heating radiator. Cooker with cooker hood above. 8 x 13 amp power points and direct fittings for units. Single glazed window. Single drainer sink unit.
STAIR AND UPPER LANDING
Attractive curved staircase to the upper floor with the landing having double central heating radiator and laminate flooring.
19’ 2” X 13’ 5”
Beautiful room with a wide bay window with double glazed windows offering views over the Waird to the Euchan hills. Arched shelved alcove. Fitted wash hand basin. Fitted wardrobe units with hanging and shelving space. Double central heating radiator. 4 x 13 amp power points.
11’ 3” X 11’ 2”
Double glazed windows to the front with deep set sill with cupboards below. Wash hand basin. Single central heating radiator. 4 x 13 amp power points.
13’ 11” X 10’ 7”
Window overlooking the garden to the rear. Arched shelved alcove. Double central heating radiator. 4 x 13 amp power points. Wash hand basin. Connecting door to study which could be used as a dressing room or converted to an en-suite.
7’ 1” X 7’ 1”
Access from the upper landing. Single central heating radiator.
10’ X 6’ 8”
Modern bathroom suite consisting of bath with Triton Jade shower unit above and fully tiled surround, wash hand basin and WC. Single central heating radiator with heated towel rail. Frosted glass window. Venetian blinds. Laminate flooring.
Large hatchway leading to the loft which is fully floored and gives superb additional storage space.
Off the family room is a work room area with polycarbonate roofing which is plumbed for washing machine and has a toilet off and wash hand basin. Front and rear doors give access from the rear garden to the front of the property.
Attractive enclose garden to the rear which is laid out principally in grass with flower borders and a variety of shrubs and more mature trees. Garden shed to decide. Pedestrian access from Church Road.
1. Services: Mains water, electricity and drainage. Prospective purchasers are advised that the Selling Agents have not tested any of the services or any of the appliances to be included in the sale and accordingly prospective purchasers are advised to check the position for themselves prior to proceeding with an offer for the property.
2. A closing date for offers may be fixed and therefore it would be advisable for prospective purchasers to register their interest with the Selling Agents.
3. These particulars have been carefully prepared by Messrs Pollock & McLean, Solicitors and Estate Agents. Although believed to be correct they are not guaranteed and therefore prospective purchasers should satisfy themselves as to the basic facts before submitting an offer.
4. Post Code DG4 6BZ
Council Tax Band D
5. All internal photographs have been taken using a wide angled lens
6. Entry by arrangement.
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 216. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Pollock & Mclean Solicitors & Estate Agents, Thornhill. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.