4 bedroom detached villa for saleRabey Villa, Blawearie Road, Sanquhar, DG4
- Gas Fired Central Heating
- Double Glazed
MAGNIFICENT DETACHED HOUSE OF GREAT CHARACTER OCCUPYING A COMMANDING ELEVATED POSITION OVERLOOKING THE ROYAL BURGH OF SANQUHAR WITH VIEWS TO THE GOLF COURSE AND HILLS BEYOND.
SANQUHAR OCCUPIES A GOOD CENTRAL LOCATION IN THE SOUTH WEST OF SCOTLAND. THE COUNTY TOWNS OF AYR AND DUMFRIES ARE APPROXIMATELY 30 MILES AWAY AND GLASGOW AND EDINBURGH CAN BE REACHED IN ABOUT AN HOUR BY ROAD. SANQUHAR RAILWAY IS ON THE GLASGOW/CARLISLE LINE WITH A CHANGE AT CARLISLE FOR LONDON. THE TOWN LIES ON THE ROUTE OF THE SOUTHERN UPLAND WAY.
SANQUHAR HAS A PRIMARY AND SECONDARY SCHOOL, A MODERN SWIMMING POOL AND LEISURE FACILITY, A WIDE SELECTION OF SHOPS, A LIBRARY, A NEW HEALTH CENTRE, A PHARMACY, TWO BANKS, A POST OFFICE AND A 9 HOLE GOLF COURSE. THE AREA IS WELL KNOWN FOR ITS SALMON FISHING ON THE RIVER NITH AND TRIBUTARIES.
THE ACCOMMODATION COMPRISES OF:-
ENTRANCE VESTIBULE AND HALLWAY
Main door to entrance vestibule with tiled floor and half glazed panelled door and partition leading to the main hallway which has natural wood flooring. Double central heating radiator. 2 x 13 amp power points. Large storage cupboard beneath the stairs.
27’ 5” X 14’ 9”
Magnificent room with double glazed windows to the front and to the side. Large fireplace with cast iron inset and decorative tiled panelling on tiled hearth housing a working coal fire. Two double central heating radiators. One set of wall lights. Attractive ceiling rose and cornicing. Original period detail. 9 x 13 amp power points.
16’ 4” X 14’ 8”
Two large double glazed windows to the front and single double glazed window to the side. Double central heating radiator. Fitted carpet. Fireplace with an enclosed living flame log fire and tiled hearth. 5 x 13 amp power points. Attractive cornicing and ceiling rose. Period detail.
DINING ROOM/FAMILY ROOM
14’ 9” X 10’ 2”
9 x 13 amp power points. Double central heating radiator. Laminate flooring. Original bell system.
12’ X 9’ 8”
Fully fitted kitchen with wide range of work tops, base units and wall cupboards. 1 1/2 bowl granite single drainer sink unit. Duel fuel range style stove with 5 burners and stainless steel backdrop and cooker hood above. Double glazed windows to the rear and to the side. 10 x 13 amp power points.
7’ 10” X 6’ 3”
Shower cabinet with mains shower unit and waterproof laminate surround, wash hand basin and WC. Double glazed frosted glass window. Double central heating radiator. Bathroom cabinet.
9’ 5” X 5’ 6”
Single drainer sink unit. 2 x 13 amp power points. Side door. Plumbed for washing machine.
STAIRCASE AND LANDING
Most attractive curving staircase with window on the curve. Upper landing carpet included in sale. 1 x 13 amp power point.
BEDROOM 1(EN-SUITE BATHROOM)
Beautifully spacious bedroom with double glazed windows to the front and to the side offering beautiful views across the valley. Double central heating radiator. 5 x 13 amp power points.
11’ 1” X 9’ 8”
Measurements include the double shelved cupboards and standing cupboard. Bathroom suite consisting of bath with shower unit above with tiled surround and units with fitted wash hand basin and WC. Mirrored bathroom cabinets. Double glazed window to the side. Double central heating radiator.
15’ 4” X 14’ 8”
Double glazed window to the front and double glazed window to the side. Double central heating radiator. 5 x 13 amp power points. Fitted carpet.
14’ 9” X 11’ 6”
Double glazed window to the side. Double central heating radiator. 5 x 13 amp power points.
9’ 7” X 8’ 8”
Double glazed window to the front with small balcony. Double central heating radiator. 1 x 13 amp power point. Fitted carpet.
11’ 6” X 6’ 5”
Large spa bath tub with central taps and built in shower cabinet with Triton T80S shower unit with waterproof laminate surround and folding doors. Wash hand basin and WC. Bathroom cabinet. Raised heated towel rail. Vinyl tile effect flooring. Double glazed velux window.
Blocked paved driveway and turning area to the front with outside lights. The garden set out principally in grass but with herbaceous borders with wide variety of plants, shrubs and more mature trees. Paved patio area. Pillars with portico to the front and outside light.
There is a driveway to the garage while the garden to the rear is slightly raised with grass area, vegetable plots and flower borders bordered by a drystane dyke with views to the open fields and hills. Greenhouse included in sale.
1. Services: Main water and electricity. Private drainage renewed within the last few years. Prospective purchasers are advised that the Selling Agents have not tested any of the services or any of the appliances to be included in the sale and accordingly prospective purchasers are advised to check the position for themselves prior to proceeding with an offer for the property. The plumbing system has been designed for easy maintenance.
2. A closing date for offers may be fixed and therefore it would be advisable for prospective purchasers to register their interest with the Selling Agents.
3. These particulars have been carefully prepared by Messrs Pollock & McLean, Solicitors and Estate Agents. Although believed to be correct they are not guaranteed and therefore prospective purchasers should satisfy themselves as to the basic facts before submitting an offer.
4. Post Code DG4 6BS
Council Tax Band F
5. All internal photographs have been taken using a wide angled lens
6. Entry by arrangement.
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 1000. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Pollock & Mclean Solicitors & Estate Agents, Thornhill. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.