5 bedroom house for saleChelwood Beacon, Beaconsfield Road, Chelwood Gate, Haywards Heath, RH17
- Gated redevelopment
- Managed communal gardens
- 2 reception rooms
- Master bedroom, en suite shower
- Guest bedroom, en suite shower
- 3 further bedrooms, 2 bathrooms
- Beautifully presented
- Double garage
- Outdoor swimming pool
- EPC Rating = E
Tenure: Share of Freehold
An elegant and beautifully presented major portion of a handsome country house with 2,836 sq ft of accommodation. Situated in extensive landscaped communal grounds of around 15.5 acres, with access to a swimming pool. Centrally managed maintenance and secure gated entry make this an ideal lock up and leave.
Chelwood Beacon is situated on the edge of the Ashdown Forest in the East Sussex village of Chelwood Gate. Outdoor pursuits include golf and walking, also Sussex has a highly active equestrian scene with riding on Ashdown Forest, showjumping at Hickstead and Ardingly, and racing at Plumpton, Fontwell and Goodwood. The agricultural showground at Ardingly hosts the famous South of England Show and country fairs throughout the year. There is a superb cultural scene, with world-class opera at Glyndebourne, and the annual Brighton Festival presenting a huge programme of theatre, dance, classical music and literary events.
Chelwood Gate is well positioned to reach London, Gatwick and the South Coast.
Local Amenities: Chelwood Gate has a village hall and two public houses. Danehill village has local amenities including a village school and public house.
Comprehensive Shopping: Haywards Heath, Tunbridge Wells, East Grinstead & Brighton.
Mainline Rail Service: Haywards Heath (London Bridge/Victoria from 42 minutes) and East Grinstead (London Bridge/Victoria from 55 minutes) www.southernrailway.co.uk
Schools: There are many highly regarded schools in the area, both state and private, including Cumnor House prep school in Danehill. www.westsussex.gov.uk/ccm/navigation/education
Communications: The M25 orbital motorway can be accessed via the A23, linking to other motorway networks, Gatwick and Heathrow airports and the coast.
Positioned in an enviable rural location in over 15 acres of communal grounds, 3 Chelwood Beacon is a beautiful major portion of a country house believed to date from 1882. The property has been sympathetically redeveloped and retains many original period features, including wooden sash casement windows, and presents a superbly appointed modern home. Its proximity to Gatwick Airport, London and the South Coast makes it an ideal "lock up & leave" property, which would suit those looking for a secure country residence.
The full extent of the accommodation can be seen on the floor plans that follow, with particular points of note including:
• A covered porch with a part-glazed stained glass door opens to an impressive entrance hall with a coat cupboard and under-stairs storage cupboard.
• Lying off the hall is an elegant drawing room and dining room with French doors opening to the terrace and a log effect gas fire dividing the rooms.
• The impressive modern kitchen is fitted with a range of units, worktops and a sink with drainer and waste disposal. Integrated fridge/freezer, NEFF washing machine and tumble dryer, NEFF dishwasher, NEFF double oven, Miele induction hob with stainless steel extractor over.
• Downstairs cloakroom with WC and basin.
• Stairs with a wooden balustrade rise to a galleried first floor landing with full length sash windows.
• The master bedroom, fitted wardrobes and an en suite shower room with under floor heating, comprising shower cubicle with drencher head, basin and WC. French doors lead to a balcony.
• Situated on the first floor are a further bedroom and a bathroom with under floor heating, bath, separate shower, basin, WC, heated towel rails and a cupboard housing the hot water tank.
• The second floor comprises the guest bedroom with en suite shower room with shower cubicle, basin, WC and heated towel rail, two further bedrooms, one of which is currently used as study, and a bathroom with bath, basin, WC and heated towel rail.
The gardens and grounds are a particular feature of Chelwood Beacon, with the communal grounds extending to 15.5 acres, which are maintained by the resident gardener and funded by the service charge.
The property is approached via electronic gates, opening to a driveway leading up to a garage.
To the front of the house is a courtyard, paved with York stone and laid with flower beds with shrubs.
A terrace is situated at the rear of the property, with steps which lead to the lawn and on to the lower garden. The grounds are mainly laid to lawn and enclosed by established shrubs and trees.
There is a heated outdoor pool with paved surround, for use by residents and their guests.
The double garage has twin up and over doors, and has water and electricity connected.
Tenure - share of freehold.
Square Footage: 2836 sq ft
Acreage: 15.5 Acres
From Haywards Heath, head east on the A272 though the village of Scaynes Hill. At North Chailey, bear left at the mini-roundabouts on to the A275 and proceed north, through Sheffield Park and into Danehill. Turn right in the centre of the village into School Lane and proceed past the school and The Coach & Horses public house. At the T-junction turn right onto Beaconsfield Road. Continue for about a quarter of a mile on Beaconsfield Road. Turn left and Chelwood Beacon can be found at the end of the driveway.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-29370849.html
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference HYS130152. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Savills, Haywards Heath . Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.