2 bedroom semi-detached house for sale1 Malt Kiln Cottages, Grizebeck, Kirkby-in-Furness, Cumbria
- Recently refurbished to an exceptionally high standard by renowned local builders.
- Planning permission Lake District National Park Authority 7/2009/5586, copy herewith.
- Prospective buyers must note Planning Condition 3; Occupancy Condition.
- Superbly located for the Southern and Western Lakes and also for the Furness Peninsula.
- Traditionally built with stone walls and slate roofs, complimented by the sympathetic renovation project.
- Each unit contains; workshop/garage with work room above, living room, dining/kitchen, two bedrooms.
- parking for several vehicles in front of both units.
- Internal inspection is highly recommended to fully appreciate the attributes, especially the extent and quality of the accommodation.
Completely converted and renovated former redundant workshop. Two extremely spacious homes. Strategic location on the periphery of the Lake District National Park. No.1: 200 m2 (2152 ft2) No.2: 184 m2 (1980 ft2)
LOT 1 - £220,000 LOT 2 - £199,500
Energy Rating "E".
If approaching from the east, via the arterial A590, Kendal to Barrow-in-Furness road, at Greenodd, turn right at the roundabout and follow the A5092 for approximately five miles over Lowick High Common. Grizebeck nestles at the foot of the hill, and Malt Kiln Cottages are just beyond the road junction with the A595.
Alternatively if approaching from the south, via Askam-in-Furness at the road junction at the filling station, turn left and the cottages are just opposite.
Grizebeck is extremely well located for communication purposes, just east of the road junction between the A595 and the A5092, being the road from the A590 via Lowick.
The former workshop is situated adjacent and just north of the A595 with a southern aspect.
Local facilities in Grizebeck include a recently constructed village hall, public house and garage.
Just south of Grizebeck about 2.5 miles in the village of Kirkby-in-Furness with a village store, primary school.
Broughton-in-Furness is approximately four miles to the west and Ulverston, Barrow-in-Furness are each approximately twenty minutes drive.
SERVICES: Mains water and electricity. Shared drainage system
COUNCIL TAX: Banding B
LOCAL AUTHORITY: South Lakeland District Council. 01539 733333.
PLANNING AUTHORITY: Lake District National Park Authority 01539 724555.
LOCAL OCCUPANCY CONDITION: The property is subject to a Cumbria Local Occupancy Restriction. Occupiers of the property must have lived in the locality for the last three years or be employed in the locality for at least 9 months. Locality being: The parishes of Blawith & Subberthwaite; Broughton West; Claife; Colton; Coniston; Dunnerdale with Seathwaite; Hawkshead; Haverthwaite; Lowick; Satterthwaite; Torver; and those parts of the Parishes of Egton with Newland; and Kirkby Ireleth, which are wuthin the Lake District National Park, and the Ulverston and Furness Housing Market Area.
The defined area is shown edged red on the attached plan.
VIEWING: All viewings to be accompanied by a representative of the selling agents. Please contact our Kendal Office.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/new-homes-for-sale/property-30199890.html
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference KEN140113. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Michael C L Hodgson, Kendal. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* The speed displayed is the maximum broadband speed package available on comparethemarket.com. These may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.