7 bedroom manor house for saleAltarnun, Launceston
Withdrawn from Market
- Unique Grade II Listed property
- Ancient 14th century moorland Manor and Cottage in walled garden
- Three reception and three / four bedroom dwelling plus three bedroom detached cottage
- Tranquil hamlet setting with little through traffic
- Granite mullion windows, spiral staircases, fireplaces, doorways, walls and paving
- Excellent condition throughout. Oil fired central heating
- Richly stocked gardens including lawns, terraces and sheltered swimming pool
- Imposing twin gated gravel drive / parking area and double garage
- EE RATING - E
Carne Manor is a unique moorland gem. With an 8’ high 360° walled garden providing it’s own micro-climate this ancient property dating from the 14th Century has a richly stocked and private garden where there is guaranteed to be sheltered areas on any day in the year.
The property has granite and stone solid walls with granite mullion windows creating beautiful elevations beneath a pitched roof with natural slate cladding.
A large and sheltered conservatory on the sunny side creates a further area of genteel living space with oil burner stove. Astride the wall of the garden is the detached granite and stone cottage again with granite mullion windows, natural slate roof and it’s own conservatory.
The access drive to the property is twin gated (1 electric and 1 manual), level and gravelled flanked by elegant areas of shaped level lawn leading to a private area of gravelled parking and turning with discretely situated double garage.
Both the Manor and the Cottage have oil fired central heating which also heats the domestic hot water and electric heating. There are radiators in all principal rooms. Carne Manor is situated at the heart of West Carne hamlet beside large open stretches of Bodmin Moor. The beautiful village of Altarnun with it’s church known as ‘The Cathedral in the Moors’ is 1.5 miles and the A30 dual carriageway spine road for Cornwall and Devon is within 2 miles. The beautiful North Cornish Coast is only 12 miles away, with the South Coast being 25.
Launceston (10 miles) provides a full range of social, commercial and shopping facilities to the east and beyond the city of Exeter (52 miles) provides intercity rail link, M5 motorway access and international airport. Good private schools are accessible at Truro, Launceston and Tavistock.
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 4648718. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Kivells, Launceston. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.