4 bedroom semi-detached house for saleCity Walls, Chester
Offers in Region of
- £1000 BUYER'S INCENTIVE AVAILABLE ON THIS PROPERTY (subject to terms and conditions)
- Grade II listed Georgian house
- Adjoining the historic City Walls
- Three bedrooms
- Five reception rooms
- Many original features
- Attractive walled gardens
On the doorstep of Chester City Centre 'Wishing Steps' is an imposing Grade II listed Georgian house of distinctive character, adjoining the picturesque and historic Roman City Walls. Situated to an elavated position and affording splendind views over the River Dee.
On the doorstep of Chester City Centre 'Wishing Steps' is an imposing Grade II listed Georgian house of distinctive character, adjoining the picturesque and historic Roman City Walls. Situated in an elavated position and affording splendind views over the River Dee. The property boasts accomodation over four floors including three bedrooms and five reception rooms totalling 2450 sq ft.
The walled garden is a particular feature of the property and overlooks the river and the city walls. Being principally laid to lawn with sandstone pathways and mature borders. A gate gives access onto the city walls.
Original panelled door with leaded light over opening, turned spindle staircase rising off, moulded ceilings, radiator with cover and staircase to basement.
Reception Two 15' 6" x 13' 4" ( 4.72m x 4.06m )
Decorative timber mantel with cast iron surround, open fireplace and recessed display shelving to eith side of chimney breast. Decorative coved ceiling, two radiators and sash windows to front and side with aspects across the city walls and River Dee.
Dining Room 13' 6" x 12' 2" ( 4.11m x 3.71m )
Feature fireplace (not in use) with timber mantel, decoratice cast iron surround and dog grate. Shelving to side of chimney breast, radiator and sash window to front. Door to
Breakfast Kitchen 17' 8" x 13' 2" ( 5.38m x 4.01m )
Bespoke traditional style solid wood kitchen units. Granite work surfaces with inset Belfast sink with mixer tap. Cream enamalled Aga with twin hotplates and ovens. Integrated fridge, Bosch dishwasher, tiled splashbacks and quarry tiled floor. Two double glazed roof lights, radiator, double glazed double doors to courtyard and further door to.
Quarry tiled floor, door to cloakroom.
Quarry tiled floor, fitted shelving and cold shelf.
Contemporary glass wash basin, low level w/c, radiator, quarry tiled floor, extractor fan and window to side.
Sink and drainer unit with storage beneath, plumbing for washing machine, quarry tiled floor, radiator and double glazed window overlooking the courtyard.
Galleried Half Landing
Currently being used as a study area, with sash window to side.
Decorative coved ceiling, turned spindled staircase rising off and sash window to front with view across the city walls and River Dee.
Reception Room 17' 9" x 16' 5" ( 5.41m x 5.00m )
Feature open fireplace with cast iron dog grate and arches recesses to either side with low level storage cupboards. Decorative coved ceiling, two radiators, tv point and two sash windows with superb views to front and side across the city walls, River Dee and the weir.
Bedroom One 13' 6" x 11' 3" ( 4.11m x 3.43m )
Original fireplace with timber mantel, decorative cast iron surround and recessed storage cupboards to either side, Coved ceiling, radiator and sash window to front with aspect across the city walls towards the River Dee and suspension bridge.
With door to shower room.
Fully tiled shower enclosure with thermostatic shower over, wash basin and high flush w.c. Wood effect laminate flooring and chrome heated towel radiator.
Coved ceiling, radiator and sash window to front with superb views up the River Dee.
Loft hatch, built in cupboard with shelves and doors to bedroom one and bathroom.
Principal Bedroom 16' 8" x 10' 5" ( 5.08m x 3.18m )
Original feature fireplace (not in use), radiator and sash window to side with views across the River Dee and the weir towards Handbridge.
Fitted with a luxury white suite to include a double ended bath with chromed antique style mixer shower tap with tiled surround. Pedestal wash basin with fitted mirror over and low level w.c. Tiled window seat, Travertine tiled floor, antique style radiator / towel rail and sash windows to front and side with delightful city and river views.
Bedroom Three 13' 7" x 12' 8" ( 4.14m x 3.86m )
Coved ceiling, dado rail and built in storage cupboards. Two radiators and sash window to front with aspect towards The Groves and suspension bridge.
Subdivided into three areas to include.
Cinema Room 14' 10" x 11' 11" ( 4.52m x 3.63m )
Vaulted ceiling, exposed timber floorboards with inset mood lighting, recessed display niches and tv point.
Exposed timber floorboards with inset mood lighting, electric radiator, inset ceiling spotlights and built in storage cupboard.
Play Room 12' 2" x 11' 8" ( 3.71m x 3.56m )
Vaulted ceiling, exposed timber floorboards with inset mood lighting, recessed display shelving and also housing the Gas fired combination boiler.
Located off the Kitchen. Laid to paving over two levels with large pergola over with mature vine. Storage shed and seperate coal store, side access and door to front garden.
Located to the front elevation.
Wrought iron gate opens to a paved patio with steps leading up to an attractive walled garden which is principally laid to lawn with sandstone paved pathways. Further sandstone paved terrace with pergola over, decorative pond and well stocked mature borders.
1. MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. Measurements: These approximate room sizes are only intended as general guidance. You must verify the dimensions carefully before ordering carpets or any built-in furniture.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
5. THESE PARTICULARS ARE ISSUED IN GOOD FAITH BUT DO NOT CONSTITUTE REPRESENTATIONS OF FACT OR FORM PART OF ANY OFFER OR CONTRACT. THE MATTERS REFERRED TO IN THESE PARTICULARS SHOULD BE INDEPENDENTLY VERIFIED BY PROSPECTIVE BUYERS OR TENANTS. NEITHER SEQUENCE (UK) LIMITED NOR ANY OF ITS EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS HAS ANY AUTHORITY TO MAKE OR GIVE ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY WHATEVER IN RELATION TO THIS PROPERTY.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-31550581.html
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference CHS106909. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Swetenhams, Chester. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.