4 bedroom detached house for saleNormanby Road, Burton upon Stather, DN15
Withdrawn from Market
- Grade II Listed historic four bedroom detached cottage with enclosed gardens
- Outstanding centrally situated day kitchen with exposed truss work
- 24'9 triple aspect principal lounge, sitting room, study & formal dining room
- Master bedroom with dressing area & en-suite bathroom, three further bedrooms & family bathroom
- Extensive reception parking & double garage
- Avenue Cottage ? style brought home
Fine and Country Northern Lincolnshire offer for sale this striking four bedroom detached Grade II Listed historic cottage in the well respected village of Burton upon Stather. Fusing traditional charm with modern sophistication the property briefly includes a superb centrally situated day kitchen with exposed truss work, 24'9 principal lounge, intimate sitting room and formal dining room. The first floor master suite includes en-suite with Jacuzzi bath and the family bathroom is stylishly appointed with both bath and separate shower. There is extensive reception parking together with a double garage and the principal gardens are remarkably private. Avenue Cottage – style brought home.
Understood to have been the original Normanby Estate gamekeepers cottage and stable, Avenue Cottage is a Grade II Listed four bedroom detached family home of unique character and charm. Constructed in 1752 utilising the local ironstone and brick the cottage has been enhanced by the current owners to create an excellent social home in which the modern sophistication subtly enhances the period detail.
This well balanced and eminently flexible home is centred around the stunning day kitchen with its exposed stone and truss work contrasting with the sleek lines of the modern units to provide a relaxed social heart. The principal triple aspect 24'9 lounge enjoys access to the gardens and the forward facing sitting room is a more private intimate retreat. The dining room, which leads off the kitchen, is ideal for family celebrations.
To the first floor the master suite with its dressing area and en-suite with Jacuzzi bath again carefully blends the traditional and the modern whilst the three remaining, light and airy bedrooms are served by a family bathroom with both double ended bath and separate shower.
The climber clad façade offers a traditional welcome and the romantic scent of Old English rambling roses permeates the remarkably private rear gardens – a haven for relaxed socialising and barbecues. A wide side driveway and double garage completes the property.
Avenue Cottage welcomes with its charm and surprises with its sophistication: style brought home.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-35581674.html?premiumA=true
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 5821671. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Fine & Country, North Lincolnshire. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* The speed displayed is the maximum broadband speed package available on comparethemarket.com. These may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.