3 bedroom character property for saleFen Road, Rippingale, Bourne
- The property is set on approximately 1.2 acres (sts) Development opportunities within the main house
- A beautifully presented former Great Northern Railway station built in 1872
- Development opportunities within the main house, detached engine shed and barn
- Five reception rooms
- Four cloakrooms
A beautifully presented former Great Northern Railway station built in 1872. The property has a wealth of character and original features and is recorded as a fine example of railway architecture. The property is set on approximately 1.2 acres (sts).
A beautifully presented former Great Northern Railway station built in 1872. The property has a wealth of character and original features and is recorded as a fine example of railway architecture. Located to the east of the village, the station closed to traffic in the Beeching closures of the 1960's. The property is set on approximately 1.2 acres (sts) and has various development opportunities within the main house and a detached engine shed and barn which could be converted into further dwellings, subject to planning permissions. The property benefits from having five reception rooms, four cloakrooms and three bedrooms.
Porch / Log Store
Flagstone steps to brick built gabled porch with double doors to:
Sash window to the front aspect overlooking open countryside, quarry tiled flooring, radiator, picture rail and doors to:
Cloakroom - 8'8" x 3'3" (maximum)
High flush WC, column radiator, quarry tiled flooring, inset Victorian vanity wash hand basin on marble work top with cupboard unit under, picture rail and sash window to the side aspect.
Sitting Room - 15'6" x 10'9"
Painted wooden flooring, feature fireplace with wood burning stove and exposed brickwork, picture rail, radiator, original Victorian wood panelled wall, under stairs storage cupboard, sash window to the rear aspect overlooking the garden and open countryside, stairs to first floor, doors to kitchen, reception hall and doors to:
Drawing Room 14'6" x 14'0"
A beautiful dual aspect room with sash windows to both the front and rear aspects overlooking the gardens and open countryside, ornate ceiling rose, feature cast iron fireplace with tiled hearth, cornice, radiators and door to:
The Waiting Room / Study - 14'1" x 12'0" maximum (10'1" minimum)
Dual aspect room with double doors giving access to the station platform and garden, sash windows to both the front and rear aspects, fireplace with wood burning stove, stone hearth, radiator, loft access and doors to:
Lamp Room / Further Study - 12'2" x 12'0"
Sash window and door to the rear aspect giving access to the platform garden, windows to end aspect, glazed Belfast sink, feature cast iron fireplace and radiator.
Kitchen/ Dining Room - 21'4" x 14'0" maximum (12'0" minimum)
Set in two areas with a country style kitchen with a 2 oven Aga, base units with worktops over, tiled splash backs, space and plumbing for dishwasher, Butler sink, 3 radiators, open plan to dining area, space for dining table, sash windows to the rear aspect with window seat overlooking the gardens, loft access, 2 further windows to the front aspect and door to:
Pantry - 11'0" x 5'1"
Butler sink, space for fridge freezer, shelving and marble topped counter unit, flagstone flooring and North facing sash window.
Utility / Boot Room - 8'1" x 6'0"
Stable door to the side (Northerly) aspect giving access to the gardens, Butler sink, space and plumbing for washing machine, radiator, oil-fired boiler, walls tiled, window to the rear aspect and door to:
Cloakroom - 6'0" x 3'4"
Fitted with a two piece suite comprising a low level WC, wall mounted wash hand basin, tiled walls, radiator and window to the side aspect.
First Floor Landing
Original wood panelled wall, airing cupboard, access to main loft and doors to:
Bedroom 1 - 14'0" x 12'10" minimum (14'5" maximum)
Sash window to the rear aspect, radiator, vanity wash hand basin and shower cubicle en suite.
Bedroom 2 - 14'0 "x 12'0"
Sash window to the rear aspect overlooking the garden and open countryside, pedestal wash hand basin, radiator and built in wardrobes.
Bedroom 3 - 11'6" x 9'0"
Sash windows to both the front and side aspects, radiator, painted wooden flooring, en suite shower cubicle and door to:
Separate Cloakroom - 6'10" x 2'10"
Fitted with a two piece suite comprising a low level WC, wash hand basin, wood panelling to dado height, painted flooring and sash window to the side aspect.
Family Bathroom - 11'8" x 10'8"
Fitted with an Antique style suite comprising an enamelled roll top claw footed bath, high flush Sanitan WC, Sanitan vanity wash hand basin on cast iron stand, painted original wooden flooring and panelled wall, radiator and sash window to the rear aspect overlooking the gardens.
The property is set on approximately 1.2 acres of grounds (STS). Lawned gardens surround the property with the original railway platform to the Eastern aspect. Railway track has been laid on the former GNR Bourne-Sleaford line. There is a large driveway leading to the side of the property, a rear parking area and further lawned gardens. Gated access to further grounds currently used as storage leading to a detached brick engine shed/barn with large double doors to three aspects all surrounded by open countryside.
Engine Shed / Main Barn - 30'6" x 51'0"
The barn could be converted into separate dwellings (STPP) and incorporates the original railway goods office with fireplace, sub-floor storage and window to the South aspect.
There is also a further part brick and timber built barn, wooden summer house double garage and further lawn and storage areas. A 1924 steam locomotive "Elizabeth" currently on site can be included in the sale.
1. MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. Measurements: These approximate room sizes are only intended as general guidance. You must verify the dimensions carefully before ordering carpets or any built-in furniture.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
5. THESE PARTICULARS ARE ISSUED IN GOOD FAITH BUT DO NOT CONSTITUTE REPRESENTATIONS OF FACT OR FORM PART OF ANY OFFER OR CONTRACT. THE MATTERS REFERRED TO IN THESE PARTICULARS SHOULD BE INDEPENDENTLY VERIFIED BY PROSPECTIVE BUYERS OR TENANTS. NEITHER SHARMAN QUINNEY NOR ANY OF ITS EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS HAS ANY AUTHORITY TO MAKE OR GIVE ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY WHATEVER IN RELATION TO THIS PROPERTY.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-35868393.html
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference HUC100714. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Hurfords, Hurfords,Castor. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.