2 bedroom detached house for saleArford, Headley
- Character features including exposed beams throughout, Inglenook fireplace, with beehive chimney breast, bread oven and quarry tiled flooring
- Delightful, tucked away private position, yet in the centre of this highly desired hamlet
- Cottage gardens, a fifth of an acre, with Yorkstone paved courtyard area, lawns, south facing patio
- Driveway with double width car port providing ample parking for 3/4 cars
- Period outbuilding with potential to convert into accommodation if desired
- Lapsed planning permission gained for a utility room to the rear of the property
- Thatched entrance porch, Two double bedrooms
- Wide first floor landing offering study/office area
- Bathroom with large bath and double free-standing shower unit
- Cottage style kitchen with bespoke solid oak units
A truly special property, with origins believed to date back to the 14th century, in a tucked away position within a rural hamlet, yet within a 10 minute drive of the A3 at Hindhead. All of the charm and character of a Grade II listed thatched, medieval timber framed cottage with the convenience of modern family life.
Arford is a lovely rural hamlet in the historic parish of Headley, famous locally for The Crown Inn, a charming country pub, with its gardens and a stream separated from the pub by the Arford Road! Luckily it’s a quiet road and no one minds the odd customer heading over the road with a tray of drinks. Headley village centre is within walking distance and offers a small range of shops and facilities including a doctors’ surgery with retail chemist, a newsagent, hairdresser and small delicatessen plus The Hollybush pub. High street shopping, supermarkets and main line stations can be found at Farnham,Haslemere, Liphook and Petersfield. Access to the A3, with motorway style connections to London, the South Coast and both London Airports, is within a few miles via Grayshott and Hindhead. www.headley-village.com
The local area is surrounded by beautiful countryside, much of it owned by the National Trust and Forestry Commission, including Broxhead Common, Woolmer Forest, Frensham Ponds (Sailing available), Alice Holt, Ludshott Common Arford Common and Waggoners Wells. The River Wey meanders through Standford and Lindford, and can be seen at the far end of Mill Lane, by Headley Mill.
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 5597095. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Warren Powell-Richards, Grayshott. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* The speed displayed is the maximum broadband speed package available on comparethemarket.com. These may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.