4 bedroom detached house for saleWolvey
- Period Detached House
- Needing Modernisation
- Great Potential
- Two Reception Rooms
- Four Double Bedrooms
- Kitchen/Breakfast Room
- Approx 18 Acres
- Semi Rural Location
A detached period farmhouse requiring full modernisation but offering great potential set within lawned gardens and adjoining pasture land of approximately 18 acres. The property offers well-proportioned living space set over two levels with four double bedrooms, two reception rooms, along with further ground floor rooms that could be incorporated into further living accommodation.
Entrance hall, sitting room, dining room, kitchen/breakfast room, two store rooms, four double bedrooms, bathroom, shower room, study area, two external store rooms, parking, lawned gardens and pasture land in all approximately 18 acres.
With entrance door to
With a part tiled floor and stairs to first floor, radiator, stairs down to the cellar, doors to
5.56m(18'3'') x 4.27m(14'0'') incl. bay
With a window to the front elevation and a rectangle bay window to the rear, tiled open fireplace with arched recesses to either side, electric night storage heater.
4.39m(14'5'') x 4.27m(14'0'')
With windows to the front and side elevations, tiled open fireplace with an ornamental timber surround.
6.83m(22'5'') x 5.36m(17'7'')
(maximum measurement). Fitted with an inset stainless steel sink unit with drainer and mixer tap, laminate roll top work surfaces, base and wall mounted units incorporating cupboards and drawers, oil-fired stove, electric cooker point, windows to two elevations, stairs to the first floor inner landing, large cupboard with tiled flooring, doors to
3.20m(10'6'') x 1.37m(4'6'')
With shelving and a window.
With a tiled floor and external door to the rear garden, throughway to
5.41m(17'9'') x 4.72m(15'6'')
With a range of base units incorporating cupboards and drawers, laminate roll top work surfaces with tiled splash backs, stainless steel sink with drainer and mixer tap, large fireplace with stove, door to
Store Room 1
4.93m(16'2'') x 3.20m(10'6'')
With corrugated roof and door to
Store Room 2
4.93m(16'2'') x 4.04m(13'3'')
With a window and external door.
Window to the front elevation, stairs to the second floor attic room, large storage cupboard, doors to
4.55m(14'11'') x 4.32m(14'2'')
With windows to the front and rear elevations.
4.42m(14'6'') x 4.29m(14'1'')
With windows to the front and side elevations, fireplace.
4.34m(14'3'') x 3.56m(11'8'')
Window to the side elevation, chimney breast.
3.58m(11'9'') x 3.35m(11'0'')
Fitted with a white suite comprising a low flush W.C., a pedestal wash hand basin and a panelled bath, tiled splash backs, window to the side elevation, extractor fan.
2.84m(9'4'') x 2.44m(8'0'')
(increasing to 16'6). With window to the side elevation, doorway to
With stairs down to the kitchen, shelved linen cupboard, doors to
4.88m(16'0'') x 4.04m(13'3'')
With window to the side elevation.
Fitted with a W.C., a pedestal wash hand basin and a curved shower with screen door and electric shower, airing cupboard housing the hot water cylinder, window to the side elevation.
A large attic room accessed by stairs from the principle landing with windows and store cupboard.
There is a small railed foregarden to the front of the property which extends to a lawned area to one side of the property. There is vehicular access to the other side which leads to a parking area with gated access to the main garden.
There is a block pavior patio area which leads onto a good sized lawned garden with vegetable plot.
External Store Rooms
Two useful brick store rooms attached to the side of the property which could be converted to further living accommodation subject to the usual consents.
The land at Wolvey House Farm extends in all to approximately 17.73 acres of pasture land, the land to the east is split by the River Anker which houses one of the most active Water Vole habitats in the Midlands. The river wll be fenced off by the Environment Agency to protect these habitats and prevent the river banks from further erosion by stock grazing.
The land is productive pasture land and would be suitable for a number of agricultural, equestrian activities or other leisure amenities subject to obtaining the necessary planning consents.
Access can be gained from Wolds Lane to the west of the land via a single field gate, the land is bordered by fence and mature hedgerow boundries. Specific planning advice would need to be taken as to the possibility of being able to construct a small range of stables or an agricultural building on the land, however, assuming there is a proper requirement for such a building, then planning permission should be able to be obtained.
The western area of land extending to 2.93 acres and rectangular in shape is subject to a clawback provision which will reserve 25% of any increase in value due to planning permission being granted for any residential or commercial development which increases the value over and above the existing agricultural value. This clawback provision will remain in place for 25 years from the date of sale, full details are available in the sale contract.
The land is occupied on a grazing licence by a neighbouring farmer and this licence will continue until exchange of contracts. A six week notice provision must be given to the graziers from this time in order to achieve vacant possession. It should be noted that the current graziers would be happy to continue grazing the land if it was the wish of the purchaser.
None of the services have been tested and purchasers should note that it is their specific responsibility to make their own enquiries of the appropriate authorities as to the location, adequacy and availability of mains water, electricity, gas and drainage services.
Fixtures And Fittings
Only those items in the nature of fixtures and fittings mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Other items are specifically excluded. None of the appliancies have been tested by the agents and they are not certified or warranted in any way.
1. These particulars have been prepared in all good faith to give a fair overall view of the property. If any points are particularly relevant to your interest in the property please ask for further information.
2. Nothing in these particulars shall be deemed to be a statement that the property is in good structural condition or otherwise, nor that any services, appliances, equipment or facilities are in good working order. Purchasers should satisfy themselves on such matters prior to purchase.
3. The photograph/s depict only certain parts of the property. It should not be assumed that any contents, furnishings/furniture etc. photographed are included in the sale. It should not be assumed that the property remains as displayed in the photograph/s. No assumptions should be made with regard to parts of the property that have not been photographed. Please ask for further information if required.
4. Any areas, measurements or distances referred to are given as a GUIDE ONLY and are not precise. If such details are fundamental to a purchase, purchasers must rely on their own enquiries or those which can be performed by their appointed advisers.
5. Where reference is made to planning permissions or potential uses such information is given in good faith. Purchasers should however make their own enquiries into such matters prior to purchase.
6. Descriptions of the property are subjective and are used in good faith as an opinion and NOT as a statement of fact. Please make further specific enquiries to ensure that our descriptions are likely to match expectations you may have of the property.
7. The information in these particulars is given without responsibility on the part of the Sole Agents or their Clients. The particulars do not form any part of an offer or a contract and neither the Sole Agents not their employees has any authority to make or give any representations or warranty in relation to this property.
Strictly by appointment via Howkins & Harrison
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-37028447.html
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 423640A_23640. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Howkins & Harrison LLP, Rugby. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* The speed displayed is the maximum broadband speed package available on comparethemarket.com. These may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.