4 bedroom detached house for saleThe Street, Gooderstone, King's Lynn
- Stunning four bedroom brick and flint cottage OPEN TO SENSIBLE OFFERS
- Dual aspect solid oak kitchen/dining room
- Living room with woodburner and brand new garden room
- Bespoke bathroom, cloakroom and utility room
- Full of character and modern features throughout
- FRONT GARDEN. REAR GARDEN. DOUBLE GARAGE PLUS WORKSHOP
- Potential annexe SSTP
- MUST BE VIEWED TO BE APPRECIATED
A brick and flint former Alms house much improved and extended with flexible accommodation including a dual aspect solid oak kitchen/dining room and stunning, newly erected 21ft X 13 ft garden/family room.
Applewood on The Street in Gooderstone is a brick and flint cottage that previously served as the villages almshouse. A pleasant and formal front garden enclosed by a brick and flint wall is the perfect welcome to this property. An entrance porch houses the oil fired boiler and from here you step into a dual aspect kitchen/dining room featuring a solid oak kitchen with central island, a double ceramic sink and exposed beams. This room is the hub of the house but further reception space is available in the form of a 23ft living with exposed chimney and wood burner and a stunning 21ft garden/family room with vaulted glass ceiling and doors onto the garden. There are also three double bedrooms with the master having hand made, built in wardrobes and vanity/tv units. There is a fourth bedroom that currently serves as a study, a family bathroom with a freestanding bath and rainforest shower, a cloakroom and a utility room. To the rear of the property is a newly laid garden with patio, lawns, raised beds, handy store areas all enclosed and leading onto a brick built double garage. Not many cottages have all this to offer but less still are so well presented with Applewood offering a perfect mix of class and quality, modern and character and flexible living.
Exposed brickwork. Quarry tiled floor. Oil fired boiler. UPVC double glazed window to the front aspect. Part glazed door to
Kitchen/dining Room 19' 11" x 12' 7" ( 6.07m x 3.84m )
Stunning dual aspect room with UPVC double glazed windows to front and rear aspect. Oak flooring. Handmade Oak kitchen with wall, base, larder cupboards and matching dresser with Oak worktops over with built in draining grooves. Central island with extra cupboards, pan drawers and Oak worktop. Double ceramic sink with mixer tap. Space for Range cooker with built in cooker hood over. Integrated dishwasher, space for fridge/freezer. Smooth ceiling with recessed lighting and exposed beams. Solid oak flooring. Opening to living room and stable door to
Utility Room 9' 7" x 6' 10" ( 2.92m x 2.08m )
Accessed via the kitchen. Space and power for appliances including plumbing for washing machine, larder cupboard, base unit with work surface and inset sink, quarry tiled floor, UPVC door into
Garden Room 21' 8" x 12' 10" ( 6.60m x 3.91m )
A superb extension full of light and space completed in 2015. Of brick and mostly UPVC construction with vaulted ceiling with self cleaning glass and roof window. Oak veneer flooring, TV and telephone points. Double doors onto newly laid and landscaped rear garden.
Living Room 23' 5" x 12' 5" ( 7.14m x 3.78m )
Accessed via the kitchen/dining room. Three double glazed windows with pamment window-shelves to front garden. Solid oak flooring. Exposed brick and flint chimney with inset multi-fuel burner, fitted bookshelves, radiators, TV point, wall mounted fusebox cupboard, smooth paneled ceiling, door to
Radiator. Storage cupboard. Timber effect flooring. Doors to
Low level WC. Pedestal hand wash basin. Heated towel rail.
Bedroom One 16' 7" x 11' 9" ( 5.05m x 3.58m )
Hand made built in wardrobes having timber latch doors with inset vanity unit with hand wash basin and built in TV point and stand. Radiator. Solid oak flooring. UPVC double glazed window. UPVC double glazed door into the garden. Smooth ceiling.
Bedroom Two 12' 4" x 9' 7" irregular shape ( 3.76m x 2.92m irregular shape )
UPVC double glazed window to the front aspect. Radiator. Smooth ceiling
Bedroom Three 12' 4" x 10' 9" ( 3.76m x 3.28m )
UPVC double glazed window to the front aspect. Storage cupboard with latch door and paneling. Smooth ceiling. Radiator.
Bedroom Four/study 11' 10" x 6' 8" ( 3.61m x 2.03m )
UPVC double glazed window into the garden room. Radiator. Timber effect flooring. TV and telephone points.
Tiled flooring and splash backs. Double glazed window to rear aspect. Roll top bath with mixer tap and rainforest shower over. Bespoke vanity unit with drawer, cupboard and inset wash hand basin. Low level WC. Chrome heated towel rail.
To the front of the property is a mature garden which is mainly laid to lawn with inset shrub beds and a pathway leading to the entrance door along with a retaining brick and flint wall. The double garage has access to the side of the property and boasts two up and over doors, power and lighting, an adjoining workshop and a door which leads out into the rear garden. Outside tap.
The rear garden is newly landscaped and has a shingle store area with cast iron pump to the side. The garden consists of an array of raised beds, an elevated lawn, a further store area to the rear of the garage with gate onto Elm Place and there is a door to the garage and workshop.
From Swaffham town centre take Cley Road out of town located at the side of the White Hart Inn. Follow this road for approximately seven miles going through the village of Cockley Cley and heading in the direction of Oxborough. Before reaching Oxborough take a left hand turn Clarkes Lane. Follow this road to the T junction and turn right. This road then becomes The Street where the property can be found further along on the left hand side on the corner of Elm Place
1. MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. Measurements: These approximate room sizes are only intended as general guidance. You must verify the dimensions carefully before ordering carpets or any built-in furniture.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
5. THESE PARTICULARS ARE ISSUED IN GOOD FAITH BUT DO NOT CONSTITUTE REPRESENTATIONS OF FACT OR FORM PART OF ANY OFFER OR CONTRACT. THE MATTERS REFERRED TO IN THESE PARTICULARS SHOULD BE INDEPENDENTLY VERIFIED BY PROSPECTIVE BUYERS OR TENANTS. NEITHER SEQUENCE (UK) LIMITED NOR ANY OF ITS EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS HAS ANY AUTHORITY TO MAKE OR GIVE ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY WHATEVER IN RELATION TO THIS PROPERTY.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-38662149.html
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference SFM104302. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by William H. Brown, Swaffham. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* The speed displayed is the maximum broadband speed package available on comparethemarket.com. These may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.