7 bedroom detached house for saleMill Road, Dersingham, King's Lynn, Norfolk
- Reception hall | Drawing room | Family room | Kitchen/breakfast/dining room | Utility room
- Rear hallway | Cloakroom | Home office/ Bedroom 7 with adjoining shower room
- First floor: Master bedroom with en suite bath and shower room | 5 further bedrooms
- 2 family bathrooms | Shower room | Dressing room | Study | First floor sitting room | First floor kitchen/diner
- Outbuildings comprising: Stabling | Garaging
- Workshop space | Stores | Garden room | Games room/store | Mature gardens | Paddock about 0.7 of an acre
- In all about 1.68 acres
- Energy rating F
Mill Cottage is built in carrstone with red brick dressings under a pan-tiled roof and was
originally part of the Mill House Estate. It was
sold away in the 1970's. The property was once two farming cottages and the adjoining barn was once the Coachman's Inn. Today it comprises stables and garaging at ground floor level and living accommodation on the first floor which, in previous ownership, has been used for holiday accommodation but the current owners have used for guests.
The property's accommodation, layout and previous history explain and show the versatility of the accommodation to suit different living styles (subject to necessary consents).
The property has a wealth of period features which include exposed timber framework and brickwork and original stable fittings in the barn. The property is not listed and has double glazing throughout.
Mill Cottage is situated in an elevated position outside the main village of Dersingham, with
fantastic views over farmland and countryside which forms part of the Sandringham Estate.
There are coastal views towards The Wash from the paddock. Dersingham village provides good local amenities including schooling, supermarkets and a library.
Kings Lynn offers a greater range of shopping, schooling and leisure facilities and has a mainline train station with a 1 hour 30 minute service to London Kings Cross station.
Mill Cottage is located within easy access of the local beaches being 3 miles from the North West Norfolk coastline which is famous for its sailing, bird watching and has some well-known golf courses including Old Hunstanton and the Royal West Norfolk Golf Cub at Brancaster.
The property has two driveways, one of which is accessed off Mill Road and the other off Chalk Pit Road and offers ample forecourt parking spaces in addition to garaging.
The front east facing garden has an outbuilding which comprises stores and a glazed fronted garden room with a mature vine which faces south and has an adjoining terrace, ideal for outside entertaining.
The front lawn has mature planting including established rose beds, natural hawthorn hedging and far reaching farmland views. The main gardens are situated to the north of the house which are well
stocked with plants and shrubs and to the far end of the garden is an orchard and wooded area with a five bar gate leading through to the paddock which is approximately 0.7 of an acre.
The paddock has outstanding views to the west overlooking The Wash giving sunset and sea views which must be seen to be appreciated.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-38969154.html?premiumA=true
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference NOR140114. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Strutt & Parker, Norwich. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* The speed displayed is the maximum broadband speed package available on comparethemarket.com. These may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.