6 bedroom detached house for saleThe Grove, Ashford Bowdler, near Ludlow, Shropshire
Offers in Region of
- Six bedroom country residence with approx 2.5 acres.
- Semi derelict two storey annexe.
- Planning and Listed Building Consent for conversion of barn.
- Available as a whole or in separate lots.
- Additional 10 acres of parkland and pasture may be available to purchase separately
The Grove is a splendid three storey Grade II Listed house. It is reputed to have been the Dower House to nearby Moor Park and dating back to the 18th Century. Standing in a beautiful rural setting in the tiny ancient village of Ashford Bowdler on the Herefordshire/Shropshire border off the A49 about three miles south of Ludlow.
The house has considerable potential for further modernisation to restore it to its original grandeur. Alternatively, as well as residential possibilities it has commercial potential including as a hotel, rest home or conference centre subject to normal Planning and Listed Building Consents.
The house has benefited from the installation of an oil fired central heating system. It occupies three floors and includes two splendid main reception rooms and a very large kitchen/breakfast room with separate cloaks/WC on the ground floor. On the first floor are four good size bedrooms and a very large bathroom with shower and WC, as well as a separate WC. There are two large double bedrooms on the second floor. There is a large cellar.
The adjacent cottage which we have described as the annexe is semi derelict and will require wholesale modernisation if it is to be used for habitable purposes. At present there are doors on each floor from the main house into the annexe. The annexe could indeed become a separate dwelling if required subject again to the requirements of Planning and Listed Building Consents.
There is an opportunity for prospective purchasers to take to the barn for conversion, which will involve putting a separate access from the village road into the south side of that property. The main house with the semi derelict annexe at the rear is available with 2.5 acres or thereabouts.
The detached barn which has Planning Permission and Listed Building Consent for conversion to a four bedroom two storey dwelling of about 196 square meters on two floors is available with a small amount of extra land on its west side. Detailed plans are available for inspection from the Selling Agents' Ludlow office.
N.B. Neither the vendors or their agents will be responsible for any persons visiting the property for any accident, injury, damage or loss suffered in the course of such inspection which shall be conducted entirely at the risk of the person or persons carrying out such inspection.
DirectionsThe Grove is about 3 miles south of Ludlow off the A49 Hereford road. Leave Ludlow on the south side crossing the river by the Charlton Arms and continue along the old Hereford road. At the junction with the A49 turn right and continue for about half a mile to the lay-by on the left hand side leading to Ashford Bowdler village. Turn left here. The entrance to The Grove is a few yards along on the left hand side.
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 2914851. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Nock Deighton, Ludlow. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.