3 bedroom bungalow for saleTotnes Town
- Detached single storey property
- Two reception rooms
- Three bedrooms
- Potential to extend
A detached three bedroom two reception room single storey dwelling with the potential to extend with the necessary permissions being sought to include gardens, garage/parking. EPC Rating D.
Exeter 26 miles Plymouth 19 miles Newton Abbot 7 miles (approximately)
SITUATION AND DESCRIPTION
Antrim Lodge is conveniently located in the heart of Totnes town, the commercial centre for the South Hams. This part of Devon is renowned for its outstanding natural beauty with Dartmoor National Park ten miles to the north and stunning beaches and coastline ten miles to the south. The bustling medieval market town has a mainline railway station giving direct connections to London Paddington and Waterloo with easy connection to St Pancras for Eurostar. There is also excellent access to the A38 Devon Expressway, linking Plymouth and Exeter where it joins the M5. Schooling in the area is excellent with a number of well-regarded primary and secondary schools. Totnes also boasts a thriving market as well as a good selection of shops, supermarkets, restaurants and inns.
Front door opens into a charming entrance porch with further access to the entrance hall. The sitting room and dining room have feature fireplaces with tiled hearths and surrounds whilst the kitchen has freestanding units and spaces for appliances. To complete the accommodation there are three good sized bedrooms and a family bathroom. The gardens are mainly laid to lawn with Devon bank and lap board fencing to the perimeter together with mature and established planting in situ. The property has a single garage and there is parking to the approach. There is development potential with this property to extend into the roof providing the necessary permissions have been sought.
Wrought iron gate opens to steps rising to the front garden. Steps lead to the triple aspect entrance porch with Victorian tiled flooring and partially leaded opaque stained glass door opening into the entrance hall.
Bay window with partial opaque glazing overlooking the garden. Open fireplace with tiled hearth and surround. Lights to the ceiling.
Currently used as a studio. Dual aspect with casement window overlooking the side aspect and bay window overlooking the main garden. Natural wooden flooring. Picture rails to the walls. Original open fireplace with tiled hearth and surround.
Casement windows overlooking the side and rear of the property. Door opening to the rear garden. Natural wooden flooring. Space for freestanding furniture. Space for a cooker. Site of the gas fired central heating and hot water boiler. Archway opens through to a utility area with vaulted ceiling and casement window overlooking the side aspect. Belfast sink with drainer. Space and plumbing for a washing machine.
Casement window overlooking the side of the property. Picture rails to the walls. Central light to the ceiling. Natural wooden flooring.
Casement window with stained glazing to the upper sections overlooking the side aspect. Two sets of period doors opening to built-in cupboards. Picture rails to the walls. Central pendant light to the ceiling.
Casement window with the upper sections being opaque glazing. Picture rails to the walls. Pendant light to the ceiling.
Opaque glazed sash window overlooking the rear of the property. Bath with side panel. Pedestal wash hand basin. Wall mounted mirror. Tiled surrounds. Black and white mosaic effect flooring. W.C..
The central part of the garden is laid to lawn with arbor with mature plants and shrubs in situ. There are gravel pathways leading through the garden with lap board and Devon stone walling to the perimeter.
Mains electricity, water and drainage with gas fired central heating and hot water.
The property is currently in band D and the amount payable for 2012/13 is £1570.26
South Hams District Council, Follaton House, Plymouth Road, Totnes, Devon, TQ9 5NE. Tel: 01803 861234
FIXTURES AND FITTINGS
All items in the written text of these particulars are included in the sale. All others are expressly excluded regardless of inclusion in any photographs. Purchasers must satisfy themselves that any equipment included in the sale of the property is in satisfactory order.
Strictly by appointment with the Sole Agents, Marchand Petit Totnes Office. Telephone 01803 847979
On leaving the Totnes office of Marchand Petit proceed along Station Road heading towards Dartington. Just before the railway bridge turn left into Castle Street. Proceed up Castle Street and take the first available left into Belmont terrace. Antrim Lodge will be found approximately 100 metres on the right hand side.
1. These particulars are for guidance only. They are prepared and issued in good faith and are intended to give a fair description of the property, but do not constitute part of an offer or contract.
2. Any description or information given should not be relied on as a statement or representation of fact that the property or its services are in good condition. Neither Marchand Petit, nor any of its employees, has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatsoever in relation to the property.
3. The photographs show only certain parts and aspects of the property at the time they were taken. Any areas, measurements or distances given are approximate only.
4. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any regulations or other consent has been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending purchaser.
5. Descriptions of a property are inevitably subjective, and the descriptions contained herein are used in good faith as an opinion and not by way of statement of fact. If any points of particular importance need clarifying before viewing, please do not hesitate to contact our office.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-39869840.html
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 69224. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Marchand Petit, Totnes. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* The speed displayed is the maximum broadband speed package available on comparethemarket.com. These may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.