9 bedroom detached house for saleLangford, Near Bristol
- 8/9 bedrooms , 2 en suite bathrooms, one en suite WC and 2 family bathrooms, snug, larder, boiler/store
- Former squash court with sauna. Tennis court. Swimming pool
- Set within grounds of approx. 2 acres with parking and garaging
- Excellent access to Bristol, commuting stations, Bristol Airport and the South West
- Internal floor area approx. 9133 sq ft (848 sq m)
GUIDE PRICE: £1,200,000 A substantial family home which has been extended over the years and provides many period features throughout, to include period fireplaces, working shutters and bell system.
At ground floor the dining room with bay window, drawing room and sitting room all have a southerly aspect, taking in the view towards the Mendip Hills. The kitchen/breakfast room has an original full width dresser, Aga and access to the garden. Other rooms include the snug, larder, boiler/store and former squash court with sauna. There could be the option to create further accommodation (subject to the necessary consents), if required. At first floor level there are 5 bedrooms, 2 of which have en suite bathrooms and 1 has an en suite WC. A family bathroom and separate WC serve the remaining 2 bedrooms. Stairs lead up to the second floor where 3 bedrooms are served by a bathroom. There is a large games room / bedroom 9, and an attic room.
Blagdon 3 miles, Wrington 1.5 miles, M5 (J21) 7 miles, Wells 12 miles, Bristol 12 miles, Bristol Airport 5 miles, Yatton train station 6 miles, Nailsea & Backwell train station 9 miles, Bath 23 miles. (distances approximate)
The level gardens are to the rear of the house and are accessible via a large flagstone terrace from the drawing room and kitchen. A formal box hedged garden houses an Arts and Crafts well. Beyond the gardens are 2 paddock areas bordered by a ha-ha with a tennis court and swimming pool which both require updating. In all approximately 2 acres.
The property is accessed through a pillared entrance to a gravel drive leading to the side of the house with parking and garaging.
We are advised that mains gas, electricity, water and drainage are supplied to the property. Gas fired heating. Oil tank supplies the AGA.
Useful Local Information Website http://www.n-somerset.gov.uk/ North Somerset
Council Website including schools, council tax etc
Energy Performance Certificate
Directions: Postcode for Sat Nav: BS40 5HU.
Crown Copyright. All rights reserved. License number 100036608.
APPOINTMENTS TO VIEW AND ALL NEGOTIATIONS MUST BE CONDUCTED THROUGH THE AGENTS. These particulars do not constitute, nor constitute any part of, any offer or contract and all statements made herein are made without responsibility on the part of Pritchards or the Vendor. Any intending purchaser should satisfy themselves as to their correctness. The Vendor does not make nor give, and neither Pritchards nor any person on their employment has any authority to make or give, any representation or warranty in relation to this property. These particulars are supplied on the understanding that all negotiations are conducted through the agents above. REF ot/3/draft
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-40936443.html
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 7340. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Pritchards, Bath. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.