2 bedroom terraced house for saleWaterloo Road, Norwich, NR3
- Wooden floorboards throughout
- Long kitchen with a range oven and plenty of worktop and storage space
- Long attractive, low maintenance garden away from the road
- Convenient location (less than 15 minute walk to Norwich city centre)
- Vibrant North City area near to popular pubs and parks
- Porch at the front keeps the house warm and tidies away coats and shoes
- Lean-to off the kitchen at the rear for extra food and garden storage
- Gas central heating and Combi boiler
- Double glazing to external windows
- Upstairs en-suite bathroom with bath and shower
Guide price £155,000 - £160,000
A two double bedroom Victorian townhouse in the popular North City area of Norwich, decorated in keeping with the original style but modernised as appropriate. Ceiling roses, wooden inner doors and some original floorboards contrast well with double-glazing and modern central heating and electrics.
The property remains relatively warm in winter, as a result of a porch at the front and a conservatory / lean-to at the rear, all double glazed. Heating is provided by gas central heating, powered by a Combi boiler. The house is set back a little from the main road by a small front garden, mostly laid to plum slate chippings.
The front reception room / lounge features original wooden floorboards, a gas fireplace with an attractive surround, and a decorated inner door to the porch.
The rear reception room / dining room has two under-stairs cupboards for storage and for electrical units, such as the fuse board (replaced in 2016).
The 13'5 kitchen comprises solid, wooden freestanding units (painted with Farrow & Ball paint), one of which has an in-built ceramic butler's sink. A range oven and fridge-freezer is available for purchase with the house. Space in the kitchen is enhanced with shelves above the units.
A conservatory / lean-to with long shelves for storage leads to the rear outside of the property. Outside, just beyond the house, there is a bisection for access from one neighbouring property on one side only, along with access from this property to the rear of the other properties on the other side (mostly used for bins, and although those rights will pass with the property, they have rarely been used for the past 7 years at least).
Past an arch of clematis and other flowers (in spring/summer) is a long garden, entirely fenced off. Almost all of the garden is tiled/paved in a "stepped" fashion, to give a few areas for seating, along with some plant beds for gardening, but with minimal maintenance otherwise. There is a shed at the bottom of the garden with a window, the roof of which was re-felted in 2015.
Upstairs are two bedrooms, both with large windows to let light in. The front bedroom is slightly bigger, and has a build-in cupboard leading up to the loft of the property. The rear bedroom is en-suite.
In the bathroom, the bath has both a shower over the taps and an electric shower (installed 2015), which operates independently of the boiler feeding the rest of the house. The bathroom also has a toilet and sink.
Permit parking, which is best at either Albany Road or Shipstone Road, both only a few doors down from this property. Although the current owners have used a car that is parked with a permit since they moved in seven years ago, their lifestyle allows them to usually walk (e.g. to work, to town or to see friends) and this property would suit anyone with a similar lifestyle.
Energy Performance Certificates (EPCs)
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-41016450.html
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 4yn-7mq. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Emoov, National. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* The speed displayed is the maximum broadband speed package available on comparethemarket.com. These may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.