2 bedroom semi-detached house for saleHigh Street, Selsey, PO20
- Restored And Rebuilt Grade II Listed Cottage
- Two Double Bedrooms
- Sitting Room
- Kitchen With Integrated Appliances
- Galleried Landing Offering Study/Office Space
- Enclosed Westerly Facing Garden
- Gas Heating, New Thatch & Fully Re-Wired
- Off Road Parking Behind The Property
- NO Onward Chain
This Grade II 17th Century 'picture postcard' property that is Sessions House has been painstakingly rebuilt and restored by the present owner to its former glory. With the walls reconstructed using historic photographs for reference and salvaged local stone from the site. The external shiplap cladding is locally sourced Elm from Midhurst forest specifically for this renovation, the thatch being locally grown combed wheat straw fixed using traditional hazel spars (put on in 2015). The re-build has been carried out using many specific materials and techniques such as horsehair mixed lime plaster, lathe and plaster internal walls decorated using lime wash paint and Oak beams, with all the work carried out in conjunction with English Heritage.
This being the right hand cottage and smaller of the 2, it comprises of an entrance/dining hall giving access to the living room and kitchen with integrated appliances, along with access to the rear garden and stairs to the 1st floor. Heading up to the 1st floor both bedrooms and family bathroom can be found along with a galleried landing area that could be used as study/office space.
Stone & brick built wall with wooden gate opening to a paved frontage and 'Prison' door from Newgate prison opening to:-
Entrance/Dining Hallway 19'4 (5.89m) x 8'0 (2.44m)
Sitting Room 13'4 (4.06m) into bay (11'3 min) x 12'8 (3.86m)
Kitchen 12'7 (3.84m) x 9'8 (2.95m)
Integrated appliances to include dishwasher, washing machine, fridge/freezer, oven & hob.
Stairs from the entrance hall leading to 1st floor.
Bedroom One 12'0 (3.66m) x 9'1 (2.77m)
Bedroom Two 14'6 (4.42m) x 8'9 (2.67m) max, 6'00 min)
Built in cupboard.
Behind the garden of the property there is an allocated parking space.
Westerly facing with 'sunken' patio seating area adjacent to the property with retaining wall and step leading up to the remainder of the garden which is laid to lawn, side access gate & rear access gate to parking area.
In addition to the many character features, the property also enjoys a new gas central heating system, fully re-wired to stringent current regulations, solid oak flooring, oak doors with wrought iron hinges & 'Suffolk' latches and traditional sanitary ware. Externally there is an enclosed 42ft westerly facing garden with allocated parking space behind. With NO onward chain offered and the chance to own a piece of Selsey history, an inspection is deemed essential to appreciate all that the property has to offer along with the passion & care taken over the restoration.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-41383056.html
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 206359. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Henry Adams, Selsey. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.